Business Operations Analyst
Canvas is looking for a self-motivated, analytical and strategically-minded Business Operations Associate to join our growing business operations and analytics team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, top-performing ex-consultant/banker to join a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup with the mission of providing simplicity, choice and unbiased support to all of life’s important financial decisions.
In this high-visibility role, the successful candidate will be a key resource for Canvas’s Business Operations team and will own a wide range of strategic and operational projects to be coordinated across different departments. The ideal candidate will have an inclination for thinking ‘outside of the box’ and a passion for finding answers to questions where there is not a straightforward answer.
Sample Projects Include:
* Conducting in-depth analysis and developing deep understanding of key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
Delivering strategic projects (e.g. go-to-market strategies, scenario analyses, competitive intelligence, pricing) that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives
Analyzing new market opportunities, developing your findings and recommendations, creating implementation frameworks, and monitoring/evaluation of strategy to the company’s bottom-line
Communicating insights and recommendations clearly to the company’s key stakeholders, including lending partners, senior executives, and investors
In depth bi-weekly business reviews to review the performance of each function at Canvas
Education and Experience
- 2-5 years of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, private-equity or the consulting division of a big 4 accounting firm investment bank, private-equity or the consulting division of a big 4 accounting firm
- BA/BS/Masters in Math, Economics, Business or related quantitative discipline
- Highly-proficient analytical and presentation skills using Excel (financial/data modeler preferred) and PowerPoint
- Experience with MySQL and or Business intelligence tools (Looker)
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience with SaaS business models and associated metrics
Personality and Values
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to simplify the complex
- Resourceful and self-sufficient
- Have a knack for finding the most important thing to work on
- Strong relationship-building skills and communication skills
- Humble, not territorial, collaborative, high EQ and IQ
What does success look like?
Reduction in non selling time / increase in sales productivity
Increase in sales management coaching time
* Improving revenue growth and efficiency
What Canvas Brings
We believe hiring is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, our global headquarters is located in Refraction, a co-working space we created for entrepreneurs, diverse start-ups, artists and not-for-profits to share an amazing office with unlimited snacks, free drinks and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London, Sydney and Singapore. We highly recommend you read the blog found here to learn more about our unique culture from our founder and CEO James Quigley.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
• Competitive Compensation
• Equity Ownership
• Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
• 12 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to Canvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
• An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theatre, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
• Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
• Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
• Dental and Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
• Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability
If you’re interested in joining the Canvas mission, send a cover letter or short write up explaining what you can do to add value to Canvas along with your resume to [email protected]
Meet Some of Canvas's Employees
VP, SMB Sales
Everything Kalliopi does is collaborative. She works extensively with Canvas’ Marketing Team, as well as the BDR Team, to ensure the numbers are sufficient to reach revenue targets.
Back to top