As an Account Executive at Canvas, you will be a key member of the revenue team, responsible for rapidly converting a rich pipeline of prospects into high value customer accounts. Your proven track record of inside sales for B2B SaaS solutions to small and medium sized businesses, combined with an award winning product in a vast addressable market, set the stage for your success and the large financial rewards. Supported by a very effective lead generation program and sales support team, you will rapidly determine the ‘why’ of pre-qualified customers and how the Canvas platform empowers their workforce to be more efficient, impactful and productive.
For at least 2 years, you will have ideally been part of an inside sales or field team successfully selling business software to both company leadership and IT management. You will be able to demonstrate integrity in all business dealings, possess excellent communication skills and the ability to influence decision makers who will commit to orders worth thousands of dollars. If you have been a particularly impactful ‘hunter’ in a vertical sales environment, you’ll stand out from other candidates, especially if you were successful in any of the following sectors: field services, professional services, construction, energy, logistics/transportation or manufacturing.
We’re looking for someone who will covet the adrenaline of a venture-backed start-up entering its 5th year of hyper revenue growth, has a laser focus on meeting monthly goals, a verifiable record of exceeding six figure targets year-after-year and eagerly accepts the challenge of a $400k+ annual quota with Canvas.
So, What’s Canvas?
Canvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for business to automate how work is done, replacing outdated process and expensive paperwork. The Canvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly with others and gain real-time insight on their business operations. Canvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like Target, Pepsi, Honda and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using Canvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest growing mobile platforms in the world.
Named as one of “the 10 best business apps you need right now” by CNN, Canvas has been featured as a leader in the mobile app space in The Washington Post, TechCrunch, DCInno, and Entrepreneur Magazine, among others. Network World recently highlighted our corporate volunteer program, called Ante Up, which encourages employees to adopt a not-for-profit they’re passionate about, donate the Canvas technology and spend two weeks of paid time off in the field learning how they do business. We’re proud to have been honored as a Washington Business Journal Best Place To Work 2016 and to have won the Northern Virginia Technology Council’s 2016 Hot Ticket Award for Hottest Company Culture. We’re on a mission to continue fostering an amazing culture for people who like to make an impact and enjoy collaborating.
Your Most Important Initiatives:
• Rapidly build empathy with prospects, using your exceptional sales presentation skills to present compelling rationale to purchase Canvas on a large scale
• Fully comprehend the sales cycle and monetization of the Consumerization of IT, engaging with decision makers and building a persuasive ROI to purchase Canvas
• Build strong presence in key vertical markets, speaking with an authentic voice that develops and maintains a network of industry contacts and a rich pipeline of prospects
• Develop a deep appreciation of how Professional Services can contribute to tailor solutions to customer needs, accelerate sales cycles and increase value potential of new accounts
• Sell through problem solving to deliver business improvement to prospective buyers, managing multiple opportunities, and selling and expanding renewable service agreements
• Favorably position Canvas by demonstrating technical knowledge and business expertise with the customer to match our solutions to their operational needs
• Differentiate Canvas from competitors using creativity and ingenuity
What Success Looks Like:
• Growing key vertical revenue by 100% year on year
• Adding 10+ new accounts each month
• Meeting or exceeding $400,000 annual quota
What You Bring
• A genuine passion for helping businesses join the mobile-first world
• The self-discipline to religiously utilize Salesforce.com and other business software to effectively plan and document the engagement progress in active accounts.
• Ability to effectively write and present proposals, negotiate value, address resistance and close the sale.
• Previous experience in a start up is a plus and better yet in a SaaS and/or mobile software company is a huge plus
• Highly effective communication skills
• Technical aptitude to develop a comprehensive understanding of our mobile app platform
• Energized and excited to work within a fast growing start-up in an explosive industry
• The desire to go above and beyond and bite off more than you can chew
• Someone who is great to work with every day
What Canvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, our global headquarters is located in Refraction, a co-working space created for entrepreneurs, diverse start-ups, artists and not-for-profits to share an amazing office with unlimited snacks, free drinks and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London, Sydney and Singapore. We highly recommend you read the blog found here to learn more about our unique culture from our founder and CEO James Quigley.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
• Competitive Compensation
• Equity Ownership
• Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
• 12 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to Canvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
• An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theatre, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
• Pre-tax public transportation commuter benefits
• Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
• Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
• Dental and Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
• Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability
If you’re interested in joining the Canvas mission, send a cover letter or short write up explaining what you can do to add value to Canvas along with your resume to [email protected]
Meet Some of Canvas's Employees
VP, SMB Sales
Everything Kalliopi does is collaborative. She works extensively with Canvas’ Marketing Team, as well as the BDR Team, to ensure the numbers are sufficient to reach revenue targets.
Back to top