Treasury Assistant - Burnaby
We are searching for a Treasury Assistant who will be responsible for performing various cash, disbursement, and cash accounting activities. The role is primarily focused on the General Ledger duties and includes, but is not limited to, perform accounting functions within the various financial systems, bank reconciliations, audit inquiries, and backup of other core treasury functions, (e.g. cash position and electronic payments). You may be required to participate in various projects and will perform other duties as requested.
In this role, you will:
- Create journals for bank account transactions
- Administer disbursement files from various business units and corporate departments
- Assign GL codes, prepare for review by management, and ensure journals are uploaded into appropriate financial systems
- Ensure activities posted to both cash and clearing GL accounts are reviewed and reconciled in a timely manner
- Perform bank reconciliations - reconciliation of the bank statement against the GL and reconciliation of any assigned clearing accounts
- Respond to audit inquiries in a timely manner; as required, make calls to the bank directly to clarify adjustments or to clarify items on the bank statements in order to reconcile activity or properly code it; liaise with auditors to confirm bank balances as of a certain date
- GL accounting background
- Close attention to detail and solid organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, phone, and email communication
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
- Autonomous, friendly, handles fast-paced environments well
- Ability to deal with a dynamic & changing work environment
- Bachelor's degree preferably in finance, accounting, business or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an accounting, treasury or finance environment
- Experience with SAP is an asset
Why choose Cansel?
For over 50 years Cansel has helped organizations in the engineering, surveying, construction, mining, architecture, manufacturing, printing, utilities, forestry, and government sectors measure, analyze, design, and build more efficiently and profitably. Cansel's national team of professionals combine software, hardware and services to provide tailored solutions to improve your workflow, from field to finish. For more information, visit us at www.cansel.ca
Cansel offers a competitive compensation package, Flexible health and dental benefits, and more. With us, you will have unbeatable career potential in an industry-leading organization consistently expanding its horizons through ongoing acquisitions of businesses and new products.
We are unique, innovative, and always deliver to our customers, so it only stands to reason that we want unique, innovative, and service-oriented individuals on our team – that's where you come in. If you identify with the opportunities and challenges of this role and want to discuss what you bring to the table, apply today and pursue excellence with Cansel, your way.
Cansel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of its employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Meet Some of Cansel's Employees
Our customers tend to be well capitalized, progressive, have a lot of excellent employees, and I'm super excited about the potential we have with our customers.
Back to top