Systems Administrator/SAP Basis
Systems Administrator/SAP Basis - Burnaby
This is primarily a Wintel/VMware based role with a moderate level of experience in administrating MS SQL - Prod/Dev/Test environments (preferably with SAP). Responsibilities include monitoring and management of approximately 30 - 35 Windows and 5 Linux VM's as well as 8+ MS SQL Servers.
Cansel offers great potential for growth within the role. The company is rapidly expanding with 5+ company acquisitions on average per year. We also have plans to expand our infrastructure into Azure over the next 6 to 12 months with opportunities to get involved with some career expanding projects.
In this role, you will:
- Install & upgrade SAP Software Databases
- Configure and troubleshoot SAP logistics and resolve any performance or start-up issues
- SAP environment management including sandbox refresh, backup and restorations of SAP file systems
- Manage user accounts, SAP roles and profile
- Upgrade, configure & install servers
- Conduct Microsoft SQL Server 2008/12/16 installation and maintenance tasks.
- SonicWall and Cisco network administration - VPN, dynamic routing and branch site connection troubleshooting.
- Provide 3 rd level help desk escalation.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides support and administration.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participate in other special projects as required.
- The role will also require a small amount of out of normal hours or weekend work as required and occasional travel within Canada.
- 3+ years experience with SAP system administration
- 3+ years experience in database administration and SQL
- Experience in Microsoft server, VMware or Hyper-V server administration.
- Network configuration and administration experience
- Previous experience in Storage (preferable NetAPP SAN).
- Any knowledge or experience with Azure or AWS or other cloud technologies will be highly regarded.
- Exchange and Office365 administration (nice to have, but not required).
- French fluency is an asset
Cansel offers a competitive compensation package, uncapped commission incentives for our sales professionals, health and dental benefits, and more. With us, you will have unbeatable career potential in an industry-leading organization consistently expanding its horizons through ongoing acquisitions of businesses and new products. You can expect to participate in a personable, professional, and honest atmosphere with a high-energy culture of autonomy and empowerment.
We are unique, innovative, and always deliver to our customers, so it only stands to reason that we want unique, innovative, and service-oriented individuals on our team - that's where you come in. If you identify with the opportunities and challenges of this role and want to discuss what you bring to the table, apply today and pursue excellence with Cansel, your way.
Cansel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of its employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
For over 50 years Cansel has helped organizations in the engineering, surveying, construction, mining, architecture, manufacturing, utilities, forestry, and government sectors to measure, analyze, design, and build more efficiently and profitably. Cansel's national team of professionals combine software, hardware and services to provide tailored solutions to improve your workflow, from field to finish. For more information, visit us at www.cansel.ca
Back to top