Survey Equipment Outside Sales
Survey Equipment Outside Sales Representative (Vancouver)
As one of Cansel’s Sales Reps, you will need hutzpah and drive. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, you will oversee your sales territory and be primarily responsible for hunting and driving new sales opportunities, along with growing and maintaining existing customer relationships and business while representing Cansel. Along with the rest of the Cansel sales team, you will work directly with large accounts and actively pursue new business.
In this role, you will:
- Actively hunt for new business opportunities by identifying needs of new and existing customers, following trends in the Industry market, and discovering leads. This will include on-site demonstrations and cold-calling throughout your territory.
- Maintain existing customer/volume base through regular customer contact, monitoring, and development
- Provide excellent customer service to key accounts
- Meet all sales target performance indicators
- Perform sales presentations and demonstrations
- Participate in trade-shows, training events or other related events as requested and required
- Provide reports to Regional Sales Manager on activity and new pipelines
- An energetic, self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for selling in a competitive market
- Imperative you have experience in the Construction, Survey and/or Engineering (AEC) industries
- Some experience in an outside sales role, preferably in the AEC Industries
- Proven track record in successfully achieving/exceeding sales targets
- Experience recommending, presenting, and selling a number of products based on customer needs
- Initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, drive, and superb communication and computer skills are essential
- Willingness to spend 40-60% of time on the road (locally and occasionally overnight) servicing and visiting customers
- Driving license in good standing
- Creative problem-solving skills and business savvy
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a relevant field (Construction/Survey/Civil Engineering) or equivalent, or a combination of experience and training
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRMs
Why choose Cansel?
Cansel offers a competitive compensation package, uncapped commission structures, flexible health and dental benefits, and more. With us, you will have unbeatable career potential in an industry-leading organization consistently expanding its horizons through ongoing acquisitions of businesses and new products.
We are unique, innovative, and always deliver to our customers, so it only stands to reason that we want unique, innovative, and service-oriented individuals on our team – that’s where you come in. If you identify with the opportunities and challenges of this role and want to discuss what you bring to the table, apply today and pursue excellence with Cansel, your way.
Cansel optimizes workflow from field to finish by providing integrated software, hardware, training, and professional services, and is a national distributor of survey, mapping and GIS instruments, General Line Construction accessories, Autodesk® Premier Solutions, Wide Format printing equipment, paper and supplies, as well as printing services. Our company has been an industry-leader for over fifty years and operates from 18 locations nationwide.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Meet Some of Cansel's Employees
Senior Account Manager, Print Industry
As a member of the outside sales team specializing in print, Gerardo sells and distributes large format equipment throughout the BC area by fielding calls and meeting with customers.
Back to top