Strategic Account Manager
Strategic Account Manager
The Strategic Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important customers. Assigned to approximately 25 -30 named accounts made up of most of our largest accounts, the Strategic Account Manager is responsible for growing these accounts by ensuring that these accounts are introduced to our entire product and service offerings. There will be particular focus on branches presently doing little or no business with Cansel. The Strategic Account Manager represents our entire range of company products and services and is responsible to drive cross-selling opportunities into these customers by fully understanding the opportunities within the named account and engage the proper Cansel team members to drive this business forward.
The Strategic Account Manager will co-ordinate and understand the Account plan to ensure that the customers’ needs and expectations are met by and that Cansels’ sales quotas and strategic account objectives are achieved in whole.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Open doors into branches with little or no revenue.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Work as an ambassador to create opportunities for all product lines and services to be adopted by these customers.
- Work with sales management to pull sales team together to work as a team in these accounts and to help drive results.
- Work to create opportunities through creativity and Program design.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume, expanded product and service representation and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Proactively assess, clarifies and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
Accountability and Performance Measures
- Lead cross selling opportunities in names accounts
- Achieves assigned sales quota in designated strategic accounts
- Meets assigned expectations for revenue targets, revenue growth in non-anchor verticals and e-commerce engagement.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by Company management
- Co-ordinate strategic customer account plans
- Reports to VP, Strategic Accounts / Business Development (Cross selling)
- Co-Ordinates the support of sales representatives, Professional Services personnel, and other Sales Management as needed
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer executive as needed
- Works closely with CSR’s to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution
- Ability to lead others that don’t report to you
- Ability to motivate others and drive behaviours even when they don’t report to you
- Drive for excellent customer service
- A strategic thinker that can drive, create and investigate customers business challenges and turn them into Cansel opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to call at the “C” Suite level
- Demonstrated success as a Sales Manager, Segment Manager or Sales Representative
- Demonstrated ability to listen to Customer business challenges to create opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others
- Demonstrated ability in creating business opportunities.
Why choose Cansel?
Cansel offers a competitive compensation package, uncapped commission incentives for our sales professionals, health and dental benefits, and more. With us, you will have unbeatable career potential in an industry-leading organization consistently expanding its horizons through ongoing acquisitions of businesses and new products. You can expect to participate in a personable, professional, and honest atmosphere with a high-energy culture of autonomy and empowerment.
We are unique, innovative, and always deliver to our customers, so it only stands to reason that we want unique, innovative, and service-oriented individuals on our team – that’s where you come in. If you identify with the opportunities and challenges of this role and want to discuss what you bring to the table, apply today and pursue excellence with Cansel, your way.
Cansel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of its employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Cansel optimizes workflow from field to finish by providing integrated software, hardware, training, and professional services, and is a national distributor of survey, mapping and GIS instruments, General Line Construction accessories, Autodesk® Premier Solutions, Wide Format printing equipment, paper and supplies, as well as printing services. Our company has been an industry-leader for almost fifty years and operates from eighteen locations nationwide. For more information, visit us at www.cansel.ca
Meet Some of Cansel's Employees
Senior Account Manager, Print Industry
As a member of the outside sales team specializing in print, Gerardo sells and distributes large format equipment throughout the BC area by fielding calls and meeting with customers.
Back to top