<span>Autodesk Technical Consultant - MEP</span>
- Montreal, Canada
Who we are?
SolidCAD, a Cansel company, is an Autodesk Platinum software reseller and professional services company. We specialize in technology that supports multiple industries including Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Infrastructure, Manufacturing and Media & Entertainment.
SolidCAD's Professional Services department is currently looking for a new MEP Technical Consultant with experience in the Mechanical Electrical Plumbing (MEP) industry. The position is based in our Montreal office and reports to the Director of Professional Services. As a MEP Technical Consultant, you will contribute to SolidCAD's success by assisting our customers in implementing Autodesk and other vendor and partner solutions for the engineering and construction industry, and by training and supporting the users of its solutions. You will also participate in pre-sales activities with the sales department.
To be successful in this role you must have extensive experience in the BIM process and strong technical skills in the use of Revit MEP software. Advanced knowledge in construction project management, including the use of the BIM 360 solution is a significant advantage.
In this role, you will...
Participates in engineering and construction opportunity management, from initial opportunity to implementation, working in conjunction with internal and external sales.
• Analysis of customer needs,
• Preparation of site plans with recommendations,
• Interfacing the proposed solutions with those in use at our customers' sites,
• User training in our offices or in the company,
• In-company mentoring for the use of products during project start-up or implementation,
• Technical support,
• Preparation and execution of corporate presentations (seminars/demonstrations),
• Definition of working standards (drawing standards, modeling, bills of material, safety/share etc.),
• Participation in different projects if necessary,
• All other related tasks.
The MEP Technical Consultant has a wealth of knowledge and a solid understanding of Autodesk's mechanical, electrical and plumbing offerings and industry standards. We are looking for candidates who have executed or participated in the execution of mandates using Autodesk's BIM process technologies: Revit MEP, BIM 360, Navisworks, etc.
The position of MEP Technical Consultant requires the following qualifications:
• Bilingualism: French and English (written and spoken),
• 3 to 5 years experience in a similar job,
• BACC or DEC or relevant experience,
• Knowledge of modeling and project management tools: Autodesk Revit MEP, BIM 360, Navisworks, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max
• Writing of PGB and various reports
• Knowledge of CAD software,
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems (client and server),
• Excellent communication skills,
• Able to travel within Canada and occasionally to the United States.
The following qualifications will be considered as important assets in the processing of applications:
• Knowledge of reality capture tools and associated software (3D scanning),
• Knowledge of BIM 360 tools
• ACS project management expertise (general contractor, MEP engineer or subcontractors)
Why choose us?
We are an Autodesk Authorized Training Center, employing the largest team of industry technology experts in Canada. In 2015, SolidCAD and Cansel, another major Autodesk reseller in Canada, joined forces. Together, we provide the highest level of service, expert support and customized offerings to ensure customer satisfaction.For over 50 years, Cansel's national team of professionals combine software, hardware and services to provide tailored solutions to improve your workflow, from field to finish.Cansel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of its employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Back to top