Precision Agriculture Support Specialist
A Vantage Distributor's Precision Agricultural Support Specialist provides hands-on support for Precision Agriculture Systems and Agriculture Information Management portfolios. This position requires a minimum of three years' field experience and technical knowledge of Precision Agriculture Systems products.
Precision Ag Support Specialists are responsible for training, installation, supporting the customer, providing phone, email and/or on-site support. This team will also help back-up the data preparation/services coordinator as required so a background in agronomy, software engineering, and/or agriculture management is ideal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage sales from lead generation, qualification, to final presentation;
- Serves as the internal and external technical specialist for all precision farming products;
- Implements the adoption of new technology and product offerings;
- Chasing sales leads from other members of the company;
- Working closely with territory managers and management;
- Perform basic diagnostics, service repairs, and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment and technology hardware;
- Work directly with farming customers in order to communicate repairs made, share available products and services to meet their needs, and provide instruction on agriculture equipment and technology;
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, blueprints, diagrams, and operations manuals;
- Maintain company vehicle, tools, equipment, and SOP's;
- Complete quotes, service reports, order parts, and maintain clear customer records;
- Assist customers and provide elite customer service at all times;
- Attends applicable training events/seminars;
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments;
- Maintains current knowledge of Trimble and competitive products.
As an acknowledged authority within Vantage, this Precision Ag Support Specialist has knowledge and understanding of solutions, industry best practices, and technology designs across multiple product families. The Precision Ag Support Specialist has the following skills and experience:
- Experience with precision agriculture hardware and software;
- 5 or more years of experience servicing agricultural equipment and sales experience in the industry;
- Ability to work flexible hours during peak seasons and lift 25 lbs. and perform physical duties of job;
- Ability to use service related technology and basic computer functions;
- Valid driver's license is required, clean driving record and background check;
- Ability to work on a team;
- Problem solving skills;
- Computer use competency in Microsoft products;
- Trimble product knowledge a plus;
- Customer service skills;
- Travel required throughout territory.
- Minimum 2 year technical degree or 3-5 years technical support experience
We are your local precision agriculture expert on the full suite of Trimble Ag Solutions, making precision technology work seamlessly across complex farming operations. Our team has an extensive skillset in all areas of precision agriculture, and is equipped to bring our industry-level technical expertise, customer service and support capabilities to your farm.
Meet Some of Cansel's Employees
Our customers tend to be well capitalized, progressive, have a lot of excellent employees, and I'm super excited about the potential we have with our customers.
Back to top