Reporting to the Vice President of the Geospatial Business Area, the MGIS Manager is chartered with leading the MGIS segment within the Cansel Geospatial BA. You will be responsible for managing three main pillars of the practice: sales leadership, portfolio management, and visionary leader. In addition, the manager is responsible for achieving the financial revenue and profit targets for the practice. This position is open to any location within Canada, located within 50 kilometers from a major airport.
As the MGIS Manager, you will work with the sales team to sell the MGIS portfolio and related services to prospective and existing clients. You will participate in strategic account planning sessions with the sales team, conduct territory reviews and deal-specific account strategy calls to identify how MGIS solutions can increase Cansel's competitive position, and be a differentiator in the sales cycle. You will develop new and innovative products to assist the sales process, ensuring cross-selling facilitation. You will define the MGIS product portfolio of hardware & software products and services and you will be responsible for the pricing strategy and overall profit of the MGIS business area. You will also be responsible for managing and leading the MGIS team, including quarterly performance reviews, setting and sharing the MGIS vision and strategy, building the annual revenue and profit budget.
In this role, you will:
Develop Business Potential and be a Visionary leader:
- Work with the management team to develop, lead and execute the MGIS 3-year strategic vision and plan
- Work with internal departments to develop solutions to customer business problems.
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets in the region.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one pipeline reviews with all sales reps for sales and activity performance.
- Explore new growth opportunities within the portfolio through for OEM MGIS sales.
- Manage and direct sales activities and mentor staff through effective coaching, supporting, and strategically participating in all stages of account management/sales opportunities.
- Develop a technical marketing and pricing strategy for the MGIS portfolio.
- Interface and develop relationships with key customer accounts.
- Provide field/market feedback to the organization through regular reporting, and including competitive landscape and industry dynamics.
- Actively participate in regional industry events (ESRI, Municipal shows, Utility conferences), as well as direct Trimble events as required.
Conduct Strategic Sales:
- Ensure attainment of company sales goals and growth by establishing sales objectives and revenue forecast through the development of an annual business plan for assigned industry.
- Support and prioritize cross selling accounts to establish meaningful sales strategies for individual account portfolios.
- Conduct sales calls and customer visits with each sales rep as required.
Manage Employees Nation-wide:
- Hire, mentor, and develop highly qualified and effective staff of internal sales reps and train all sales staff on selling extended service and provide quarterly WebEx updates on product offerings.
- Conduct project team-member reviews and individual annual formal reviews.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff, communicate the Cansel vision and values, and support individual contributions as well as demonstrate Cansel's values in all interactions: Results-orientation, Respect, Winning Attitude, Integrity, and a Drive for Excellence.
As an acknowledged authority within Cansel, the MGIS Manager has a breadth of knowledge and understanding of MGIS products and industry best practices, along with the following:
- Management experience including GIS, employee, customer, and financial management.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience, including at least 3 years in a management role and 5 years of MGIS sales.
- Product (Trimble/ESRI), technology, or industry expertise relevant to the practice focus.
- Proven track-record of profitably in selling.
- Experienced in resolving client issues.
- Ability to author project and contract documentation.
- Effective oral and written communication of complex concepts.
- Knowledge of CRM software, such as Salesforce or equivalent and a passion to use it.
- Strong desire to win.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively network, develop, and retain project-based employees.
- Strategic and visionary outlook.
- BSc degree in GIS/Geospatial or comparable is desirable.
Why choose Cansel?
Cansel offers a competitive compensation package, uncapped commission incentives for our sales professionals, health and dental benefits, and more. With us, you will have unbeatable career potential in an industry-leading organization consistently expanding its horizons through ongoing acquisitions of businesses and new products. You can expect to participate in a personable, professional, and honest atmosphere with a high-energy culture of autonomy and empowerment.
For over 50 years Cansel has helped organizations in the engineering, surveying, construction, mining, architecture, manufacturing, utilities, forestry, and government sectors to measure, analyze, design, and build more efficiently and profitably. Cansel's national team of professionals combine software, hardware and services to provide tailored solutions to improve your workflow, from field to finish. For more information, visit us at www.cansel.ca
Cansel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of its employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age
Meet Some of Cansel's Employees
Senior Account Manager, Print Industry
As a member of the outside sales team specializing in print, Gerardo sells and distributes large format equipment throughout the BC area by fielding calls and meeting with customers.
Back to top