Envisioning yourself in this role…
- You will be responsible for the hands-on management, strategy, and execution of IT infrastructure at Cansel as a working manager.
- Overseeing technical projects in alignment with organizational goals
- Directing the effective delivery of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes
- Overseeing diverse, ongoing projects at various levels of deliverance and completion
- Managing the IT team, while working closely with executive management, external vendors, and other advisors
- Preparing financial budgets and presenting proposals for capital projects to senior executives
- Researching and recommending new products and projects
- Leading efforts to improve IT processes, including the ongoing implementation of Cansel’s ERP (SAP), and CRM (Salesforce).
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent education and experience, along with advanced technical or managerial credentials. Ten or more years of progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office, national environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff while maintaining multiple concurrent projects. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects
- Strong project management
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills
- Software development background
- Advanced familiarity with SAP
- Data Governance experience
- Dell Boomi or similar Integration/Middleware experience
- Strategic IT leadership
- Experience working with third-party consultancy services/partners
Why choose Cansel?
Cansel offers a competitive compensation package, uncapped commission incentives for our sales professionals, health and dental benefits, and more. With us, you will have unbeatable career potential in an industry-leading organization consistently expanding its horizons through ongoing acquisitions of businesses and new products. You can expect to participate in a personable, professional, and honest atmosphere with a high-energy culture of autonomy and empowerment.
We are unique, innovative, and always deliver to our customers, so it only stands to reason that we want unique, innovative, and service-oriented individuals on our team – that’s where you come in. If you identify with the opportunities and challenges of this role and want to discuss what you bring to the table, apply today and pursue excellence with Cansel, your way.
Cansel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of its employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Cansel optimizes workflow from field to finish by providing integrated software, hardware, training, and professional services, and is a national distributor of survey, mapping and GIS instruments, General Line Construction accessories, Autodesk® Premier Solutions, Wide Format printing equipment, paper and supplies, as well as printing services. Our company has been an industry-leader for almost fifty years and operates from eighteen locations nationwide. For more information, visit us at www.cansel.ca
Back to top