Geospatial Technology Lead
Geospatial Support Technician
The ideal candidate is a technical expert who understands the software solutions we provide at an advanced level. This person will know a variety of products, understand the positioning of the products in the market, how our customers use them, and why. Finally, s/he will implement the new processes and workflows defined by the scope of work. This will include installation, configuration, customization, development, training, and support.
Envisioning yourself in this role...
- Attend sales calls with Account Managers and sales professionals
- Perform technical sales presentations
- Conduct product training in a classroom environment and/or online
- Provide product Technical Support to our clients
- Develop customized solutions tailored to our customers’ needs
- Assist in the development of product related instructional programs
- Assist in the development and maintenance of product educational materials
- Assist in the development of technical support documentation
- Other duties as assigned
This is a very demanding position and we are looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual able to work in a team environment and able to work alone with little or no supervision. This position will deal primarily with network RTK, survey grade GPS, photogrammetry and integrating software/hardware solutions.
- Post-secondary education in Geomatics or Civil Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Finally-tuned customer service skills.
- Familiarity with GPS and conventional data collection and processing, scanning, and photogrammetry.
- High diagnostic, analytical and creative skills.
- Field experience with Trimble Hardware, FARO scanner and UAV surveying is a definite asset.
- Valid driving license and vehicle
Why choose Cansel?
Cansel offers a competitive compensation package, uncapped commission incentives for our sales professionals, health and dental benefits, and more. With us, you will have unbeatable career potential in an industry-leading organization consistently expanding its horizons through ongoing acquisitions of businesses and new products. You can expect to participate in a personable, professional, and honest atmosphere with a high-energy culture of autonomy and empowerment.
We are unique, innovative, and always deliver to our customers, so it only stands to reason that we want unique, innovative, and service-oriented individuals on our team – that’s where you come in. If you identify with the opportunities and challenges of this role and want to discuss what you bring to the table, apply today and pursue excellence with Cansel, your way.
Cansel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of its employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Cansel optimizes workflow from field to finish by providing integrated software, hardware, training, and professional services, and is a national distributor of survey, mapping and GIS instruments, General Line Construction accessories, Autodesk® Premier Solutions, Wide Format printing equipment, paper and supplies, as well as printing services. Our company has been an industry-leader for almost fifty years and operates from eighteen locations nationwide. For more information, visit us at www.cansel.ca
Back to top