Director of eCommerce
Director of e-Commerce | Toronto or Vancouver
At Cansel, our vision is to offer our customers greater efficiency, control and an easier buying experience through an omni-channel e-commerce strategy. To this end, we have invested in a new e-commerce platform. Reporting directly to the VP of Operations, you will lead the ongoing development and execution of our e-commerce strategy. If this sounds like a challenge you're up for, let us know!
Envisioning yourself in the role…
- Work with the sales team to drive current customer adoption
- Drive sales and operational efficiency's by supporting e-commerce vision and roadmap with partners and vendors
- Continuously drive online revenue growth by applying a clear understanding of the brand, consumers and industry trends to our merchandising, marketing and other relevant departments
- Lead the initiative to transform our content site to a profitable, results driven e-commerce division while ensuring a seamless and compelling customer experience from brick-and-mortar to website
- Provide vision, guidance and goals for all e-commerce operations
- Ensure alignment with our e-commerce order fulfillment, including distribution centers, and expedite appropriate processing of customer purchases
- Oversee e-commerce customer care services; ensuring that world-class customer service is delivered
- Building, analyzing, reviewing, executing and overseeing strategic and tactical plans for web architecture and infrastructure relative to an e-commerce sales channel
- Develop enterprise-wide, long term Omni-channel roadmap including business plans and financial models
- Systems integrator management, contract review and negotiations
- Make sure web development, web design and UX teams support e-commerce operations
- Work cross-functionally with IT, stores, finance and marketing to achieve brand and company goals
- Partner closely with marketing team to plan, prioritize and successfully execute on ROI-positive SEO initiatives to maximize impact on traffic and revenue
- Collaborate with all levels of management, ensuring proactive communication and relationships
- Provide updates and facilitate key discussions with senior leaders
- Provide expertise on current e-commerce industry best practices that result in customer acquisition, retention and growth
- Identify new areas of e-commerce opportunity beyond current organizational thinking
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline
- Minimum 5 years in management and leadership roles in an e-commerce environment
- Past history of proven results in building a profitable e-commerce business, preferably in a B2B environment
- A transformational leader with a passion for e-commerce, project management and process innovation
- Ability to perform advanced strategic analysis
- Ability to lead by example, creating a unified vision and collaborating across departments
- Bonus points: Hybris and SAP experience, knowledge of AEC industries
Why choose Cansel?
For over 50 years Cansel has helped organizations in the engineering, surveying, construction, mining, architecture, manufacturing, printing, utilities, forestry, and government sectors measure, analyze, design, and build more efficiently and profitably. Cansel's national team of professionals combine software, hardware and services to provide tailored solutions to improve your workflow, from field to finish. For more information, visit us at www.cansel.ca
Cansel offers a competitive complete compensation package, flex health and dental benefits, and more. With us, you will have unbeatable career potential in an industry-leading organization consistently expanding its horizons through ongoing acquisitions of businesses and new products.
We are unique, innovative, and always deliver to our customers, so it only stands to reason that we want unique, innovative, and service-oriented individuals on our team -- that\'s where you come in. If you identify with the opportunities and challenges of this role and want to discuss what you bring to the table, apply today and pursue excellence with Cansel, your way.
Cansel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and of the broad diversity of its employees. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Meet Some of Cansel's Employees
Senior Account Manager, Print Industry
As a member of the outside sales team specializing in print, Gerardo sells and distributes large format equipment throughout the BC area by fielding calls and meeting with customers.
Back to top