Manager, Technical Support
Who is Candescent Health?
Candescent Health, a Health IT and services company, builds cutting-edge technology and uses best-of- breed process engineering practices to transform healthcare delivery, thereby improving patient outcomes and reducing costs. We are expanding across targeted specialties, but our primary focus has been radiology, which is bursting with opportunities for improvement. Radiology is a major part of healthcare today, with over $150 billion on average spent in the U.S. Radiology also touches every major disease category and hospital economic driver, but the delivery model is flawed and primed for change. Candescent Health provides a cloud-based service that enables radiologists and health systems to improve transparency, increase efficiency and create and maintain higher standards of care. We are transforming healthcare by capturing data, developing insights and delivering them at the point of care. Our team is passionate about improving healthcare, starting by becoming _THE_knowledge engine for radiology delivery.
Who we are:
We strive to deliver exceptional service by hiring driven team players that are intellectually curious, eager to learn and pursue growth and have the stamina to make an impact in our fast-paced environment. Our team is made up of leaders who have successfully built numerous companies in both healthcare and technology, including a leading national, cloud-based radiology services company. We are backed by leading healthcare technology venture capital firms and industry executives.
At Candescent Health, we value high performance teams, and we want to work with people that embody our foundational competencies:
- Innovative: We believe that re-thinking the status quo is imperative and that new ideas can and should come from everyone on the team.
- Collaborative: Every interaction, whether with clients or colleagues, should be impactful, respectful and leave them excited to deal with you again.
- Execution-Oriented and Accountable: The kind of change that is necessary will not come without breaking a few eggs, so we have the courage to be adventurous and try new things, but we also admit when something is not working, own it and do it better the next time.
As Technical Support Manager, you:
- Enthusiastically strive for opportunities to learn, grow, and apply your knowledge.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and are not afraid to take smart risks.
- Are a black belt collaborator and communicator – from the simple to complex business concepts, personal and interpersonal matters, with demonstrated emotional intelligence.
- Are innovative and create practical solutions to complex issues.
- Roll up your sleeves, can multi-task, balance competing priorities and follow through to deliver on your own as well as with a small team.
- Are an authentic, nice person with texture, depth and something to say; you are somebody we would want to get stuck in an airport with.
Who we are looking for:
Candescent is hiring a Manager, Technical Support to join our growing team and own the day-to-day operation of the Technical Support function, leading a team of technical support engineers who are providing 24x7x365 support to our clients. Though there are many specific responsibilities we would like you to assume in this role – and we’ve spelled them out below, for clarity’s sake – the real question in a high growth company is always, what won’t you do?
We are looking for the Manager of Technical Support to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction while meeting and beating Service Level Agreements (SLAs). You will create, refine and manage a workflow that provides for efficient resolution, escalation and tracking of support cases so that we can continue to enable client physicians to provide better and timelier patient care and communication by removing the administrative barriers and hassles. Together, we are improving patient outcomes.
In this role, the Technical Support Manager will create and manage an environment that fosters continuous process improvement and promotes employee growth and satisfaction. You will have the opportunity to work in collaboration with key stakeholders across the company to provide direct customer feedback and manage necessary escalations. You will advocate for product changes/enhancements to affect better customer experience and improved support tools and processes.
The Manager of Technical Support will:
- Manage and refine support workflow (case handling, etc.) and define efficiencies using CRM and other process tools.
- Manage individuals and schedules, processes, and escalations to achieve SLAs.
- Recruit, train, coach and evaluate Technical Support Engineers with published standards and expectations.
- Create and monitor a flexible training program for both new hires and the continuous improvement of existing staff.
- Define individual goals that align with organizational goals and ensure that individuals understand how they can contribute.
- Perform tactical liaison with peers in other departments (Account Management, Product Management, Product Engineering, etc.) to resolve issues and communicate product improvements and feedback.
- Review case and support load data for process improvements and feedback to Product teams for feature improvements.
- Review the performance of direct reports, monitor MBOs, and conduct periodic and annual reviews.
- Manage customer escalations, customer complaints or inquiries with support case handling.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new process/policies.
Who you are, what you know, what you have accomplished: Who you are is as important as what you know, particularly for this role. Other qualifications you must have include:
- 5+ years’ experience managing a customer support contact center for technology product; SaaS experience is preferred.
- Experience in creating, monitoring and improving operational and customer satisfaction metrics.
- A proven track record of strong organizational skills, follow-through, coaching skills, and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Experience with CRM systems in a contact center environment; Zendesk experience is a plus.
- Strong individual initiative and tactical execution abilities.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong leadership skills in hiring, directing, developing and managing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, train and motivate Customer Support staff in order to meet business objectives.
- The ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and changing business priorities.
As an equal opportunity employer, Candescent Health brings diverse talents together to achieve our company mission, vision, and values. We offer a competitive total rewards package for the intrinsically motivated employee. Our compensation approach includes both financial and non-financial benefits; in addition to competitive financial compensation, we offer the opportunity to work with great people and top-notch investors in a dynamic environment, full of learning and growth opportunities, and ripe for your contribution. In Candescent’s environment of reciprocal responsibility, we give you freedom, autonomy and flexibility. We treat you like an adult and expect that you will excel and do what is necessary to contribute. As the result, both you and Candescent will “do well, by doing good.”
Meet Some of Candescent Health's Employees
Financial Analysis Manager
Linda focuses on finding value. She produces the in-depth budget analyses and financial modeling used by Candescent Health—and its partners—to show the most cost-effective path forward.
Back to top