Vice President, International Sales
The VP, International Sales will implement the global wholesale strategy and execution plans to generate increasing profitable revenue over the long term. As a senior leader in our Zug office, she/he will build the bridge from long-term corporate strategy to global field execution, ensuring that Canada Goose has the direction, information, resources and support to ensure successful execution as it relates to the International Business.
- Oversee the execution of a diverse, integrated wholesale strategy aligned with the Corporate Strategic Plan
- Drive continued wholesale growth across multiple countries and continents by working closely with best in class partners and retailers
- Provide leadership; promote teamwork and cross functionality with an eye to develop and maintain a world class International sales organization
- Communicate and work closely with the Planning and Sales Operations teams to ensure that the Global order book is maximized through proper flow-in of goods to specific markets on a timely basis
- Execute in season re-order strategy and drive execution
- Ensure the International Sales Team is focused on the right accounts and selling activities
- Develop and implement the critical metrics to measure sales success beyond revenue achievement.
- Manage the effective use of budgets
- Collaborate with all the key Canada Goose functional areas to align Sales with overall growth and profit initiatives
- Build, mentor and lead a strong, effective world class International Sales team that is business savvy, proactive, responsive and anticipatory. The International Sales Team should be viewed as experts with a strong strategic focus and vital to the organization's success
- Participate in strategic initiatives for future growth with the SVP of Global Sales, including input into the long term strategic growth plans of the organization
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree
- A Masters degree in business administration (MBA) is an asset
- 10-15+ years overall sales-related experience
- Experience leading a global sales organization with an emphasis on Asia and Europe
- Experience in a manufacturing company focused on retail customers would be preferred
- Experience in leading within high growth, fast paced entrepreneurial companies
- Must be an analytical thinker who knows when and how to ask questions. Be able to work in an open environment and embrace a heritage of success
- Demonstrated track record of creating and improving sales operational strategies while meeting or exceeding varied stakeholder needs
- A management style that exemplifies holding yourself accountable for the success of the team while ensuring that recognition is given to the team
- Well rounded with the business acumen to identify, analyze and lead the fast-paced sales organization to strategic and operational excellence
- Experience driving sales business strategies through creative processes and initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Communicating Effectively – Writes and present effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across
- Organizational Capability – Is well-organized and resourceful; effective and efficient at marshaling multiple resources to get things done; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles
- Inspiring Others – Is skilled at getting individuals, teams and an entire organization to work together and embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; understands what motivates different people
- Keeping on Point – Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to dos and the trivial; quickly senses what is the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical few tasks that really add value and puts aside or delays the rest
- Making Complex Decisions – Can solve even the toughest problems and most complex of problems; great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available; is a quick study of the new and different; adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution; given the situation; uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques
- Understanding the Business – Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate in general; learns new methods and technologies easily
- Discipline and Fortitude – Able to work with a wide variety of customer styles and approaches spanning aggressively entrepreneurial, highly challenging to resistant to change all while maintaining a thorough and rigorous approach
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Assistant General Manager, Operations
Connie oversees operations at the flagship location, including coaching, training, and developing staff—and ensuring operational excellence, as well as building and propelling the Canada Goose brand to retail customers.
Back to top