Toronto - Operations
Training Sewing Supervisor
At Canada Goose, we are committed to producing the best extreme weather outerwear in the world.
We have been manufacturing innovative high quality outerwear in Canada for over 50 years. From South Pole research facilities and the Canadian High Arctic to the streets of New York City, Stockholm, Paris, Toronto, and Tokyo, people wear our products because of our reputation for quality, functionality and style.
Ask Anyone Who Knows.
Reporting to the Manager of Production, the Sewing Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and planning the activities of the Sewing Machine Operators, ensuring that the team is performing at a high level and reaching daily quotas.
- Responsible for the main supervision of sewing machine operators
- Review the factory loading schedule daily and plan production accordingly
- Review the approved production sample and specifications before beginning production for each released purchase order
- Calculate how many sewing machine operators are required - based on 100% efficiency, per operation, and per style on orders cut and bundled in order to meet daily quotas
- Assign the appropriate operators with matching skills to appropriate tasks
- Responsible for training and providing instruction to sewing machine operators in department
- Follow through with training for each operator to ensure they have a clear understanding of how to perform the operation with acceptable efficiency and quality
- Regularly update operators on how many units per hour and per day is required for 100% efficiency
- Advise Manager of Production when operators are performing at acceptable levels to be timed (if at a temporary rate)
- Review payroll daily to measure both efficiencies and inefficiencies
- Review low performers and work with them to create action plans for improvement
- Perform quality checks on each operator in your department throughout the day
- Ensure all quality issues are being addressed and make corrections for improvement
- Provide a safe environment within department and manufacturing floor
- Communicate core values to team
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years' sewing experience, preferably in apparel manufacturing industry
- 2-3 years' supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Must be able to deal effectively with diverse group of workers
- Must be familiar with sewing machine operations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Able to prioritize and operate proactively, handling issues in a calm manner when appropriate
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Sr. Graphic Designer
Allen works with a team of graphic designers, the senior director, and the creative director to execute creative work for various marketing initiatives, primarily focused on signage, web, and print materials.
Back to top