Sewing Machine Operator Trainee
Canada Goose is looking for entry level Sewing Machine Operators ready to apply their skills to delivering unparalleled quality to our iconic Canadian brand. Working with the Training Sewing Supervisor, you will learn to play a critical role in helping to produce Canada Goose outerwear according to the high standards of quality Canada Goose is known for all over the world.
Our Training Program consists a minimum of 6 weeks of instruction with a Training Sewing Supervisor. You will be taught the skills required to become a Sewing Machine Operator on our production floor. The Training Sewing Supervisor will coach you daily over the training period so you develop the necessary skills to graduate onto the production floor.
- Work as part of a larger team to complete a garment
- Sew various parts of a garment including pieces like pockets, flaps, zippers, hoods and sleeves as well as attaching the lining to the shell
- Review and assess the quality of garment pieces before sewing to ensure garments are up to Canada Goose quality standards
- Ensure individual productivity quotas are met or exceeded on a daily basis, while at the same time maintaining Canada Goose quality standards
Here's what we are looking for…
- No previous sewing experience required
- Experience in positions where a high level of detail is required will be helpful
- Ability to keep a steady hand while running fabric through a machine
- Proven ability to follow instruction, problem solve and take initiative towards a solution
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Learn and live Canada Goose's Values- taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting personal commitment
- Clean and bright manufacturing environment
- Long periods of sitting at a work bench with regularly scheduled breaks
- Fully accessible break room including hot beverages, microwaves, and refrigerators
Perks and Benefits:
- Employee Benefit Plan- healthcare, dental, personal days, paid birthday, retirement savings plan
- Employee Discounts and Sales
- Bagel Fridays!
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Sr. Graphic Designer
Allen works with a team of graphic designers, the senior director, and the creative director to execute creative work for various marketing initiatives, primarily focused on signage, web, and print materials.
Back to top