Sewing Machine Operator
Reporting to the Sewing Supervisor, you will play a critical role in helping to produce Canada Goose outerwear according to the high standards of quality Canada Goose is known for all over the world. In this role you will be responsible for assembling different components of our jackets and maintaining a high level craftsmanship each and every day.
- Work as part of a larger team to complete a garment
- Sew various parts of a garment including, but not limited to, pockets, flaps, zippers, hoods and sleeves as well as lining to shell
- Assess the quality of garment pieces before sewing to ensure garments are up to Canada Goose quality standards
- Ensure individual productivity quotas are met or exceeded on a daily basis, while at the same time maintaining Canada Goose quality standards
Here's what we are looking for…
- 2-3 years' sewing experience, preferably in apparel manufacturing industry
- Experience on single needle, double needle and seam serger machines
- Experience on specialty machines considered a definite asset
- Experience joining sections of garments into a finished product
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Sewing machine operation and controls.
- Product quality inspection and evaluation.
- Arm-hand steadiness (the ability to keep the hand and arm steady while running fabric through a machine).
- Manual dexterity (the ability to quickly make coordinated movements with one or both hands to manipulate fabric).
- Control precision (the ability to quickly and repeatedly make precise adjustments in operating the foot controls of a machine).
- Consistently exhibits Canada Goose's Values, taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting personal commitment
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Sr. Graphic Designer
Allen works with a team of graphic designers, the senior director, and the creative director to execute creative work for various marketing initiatives, primarily focused on signage, web, and print materials.
Back to top