Senior IT Project Manager (Permanent)
Plans, directs, coordinates, implements, and executes all activities of assigned projects to ensure project goals or objectives are accomplished within the approved time frame, scope and budget. This includes identifying requirement gaps, working within a cross-functional structure, and setting deadlines in order to successfully delivery the project. This role will require the individual to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Worldwide New Store Rollouts: POS and all related components, Connectivity, End-to-End Infrastructure, Network (wired/wireless), Mobile Devices, Documentation, Vendor Management
New Office Setups & Upgrades: End-to-End Infrastructure, Network (wired/wireless), Mobile Devices, Documentation, Vendor Management Special Projects (as assigned)
- Provides project leadership, managing multiple projects and meeting project requirements
- Acts as a project manager, planning, executing, controlling and closing team projects
- Uses project management knowledge to adhere to set standards with respect to project scope, time, costs and quality; makes recommendations for improvements to project team
- Monitors and mitigates risk factors associated with project implementation
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Work with project team members to performs analysis on business requirements and produces design specifications as required
- Sets high standards for own work and ensure high quality outcomes are achieved
- Prepare project estimates and schedules of project activities as required
- Sets realistic and achievable expectations for deliverables
- Ensures effective work habits including punctuality, responsiveness and accessibility to others
- Ability to effectively drive results (and adapt) in a dynamic and fast moving environment while respecting governance and process
- Assists with special projects and other tasks, as required
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Rolled out retail stores globally (preferably with an organization that is classified as a manufacturer/retailer)
- Technical understanding of all components in a) Retail Solution and b) IT Infrastructure
- Must have extensive practical experience and knowledge with techniques for planning, organizing, and monitoring multiple IT projects simultaneously
- Must have strong leadership, coaching, and relationship management skills
- Managed multiple (3+) major projects simultaneously in a dynamic and fast moving environment
- Must have 8 to 10 years of experience as a Technology Project Manager
- Proven leadership skills and business acumen
- Works well in a team environment with sound negotiation and people skills
- Ability to co-coordinate diverse projects simultaneously by using effective planning, organization and management skills
- Ability to manage expectations regarding business requirements and results and ensuring quality
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software. (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project)
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- Should have a PMP or related certification
Note: Role is based out of Toronto, Ontario but will require global travel (~2-3 weeks per store).
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Assistant General Manager, Operations
Connie oversees operations at the flagship location, including coaching, training, and developing staff—and ensuring operational excellence, as well as building and propelling the Canada Goose brand to retail customers.
Back to top