Senior Cost Accountant
Reporting to the Manager, Cost Accounting, you will be a key business partner to both Operations Management and Corporate Accounting & Finance. You will assume responsibility for development of performance management reporting tools incorporating both operational and financial KPI's. You will be a key resource in the budgeting and standard costing processes, and will assist in monthly closing and ad-hoc financial analysis. In your role, you will develop and implement accounting controls, and provide decision support to senior management.
- Assisting in budgeting, forecasting and standard cost development by providing plant-specific inputs.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs by profit center and providing meaningful explanations to variances from standard.
- Updating and reporting key accounting and operation KPIs, including DPO, DSO, Inventory Turnover, and Direct Labor Efficiencies, as well as other performance management reports as required.
- Developing reporting tools to provide key operating statistics on daily basis (production, direct labor efficiencies, etc).
- Quantifying the dollar impact of plant level activities based off on non-financial metrics, providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors that impact COGS, and review for accuracy.
- Providing plant-level ad-hoc analysis to determine impacts on profitability for downtime, sourcing decisions, changes in labour rates & headcount, and changes in manufacturing methods.
- Providing quantitative and qualitative analysis and support for strategic business decisions
- Collecting and analyzing data to determine costs for multiple production facilities, including raw material, labor and OH costs.
- Acting as accounting liaison between corporate finance and plant management/operations, serving as business partner to both.
- Overseeing raw material, WIP and FG cycle counts and/or physical inventories, and performing floor-to-book reconciliations.
- Assisting in month-end and year-end closing processes by tracking and communicating necessary cost accruals.
- Recording and monitoring cost information to assist in controlling operational expenditures.
- Ensuring adherence to accounting controls at the plant level with respect to receiving, expense recognition, inventory, etc, and performing regular audits to ensure compliance.
- Identify process improvement areas and develop and implement appropriate mitigation.
- Other ad hoc analysis as required.
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Minimum of 5 years of Cost Accounting for a public company, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Finance (MBA, CPA or other designation preferred, not required)
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Experience in the annual budgeting process for a manufacturing company
- Experience in inventory accounting and control
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles (IFRS)
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of standard costs
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to communicate effectively across all functions and levels including presenting ideas and financial analysis to senior management
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Information and task monitoring
- Judgment and problem solving
- Ability to think creatively
- Consistently exhibits Canada Goose's Values, taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting personal commitment
- Office environment. Extended periods of sitting.
- Some domestic travel may be required – 5%
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Assistant General Manager, Operations
Connie oversees operations at the flagship location, including coaching, training, and developing staff—and ensuring operational excellence, as well as building and propelling the Canada Goose brand to retail customers.
Back to top