Quality Assurance Coordinator, Raw Materials
The QA Raw Materials Coordinator is responsible for the ongoing inspection of raw materials at all stages of the manufacturing process to ensure that Canada Goose quality standards are met.
The individual will follow performance standards and procedures in order to meet QA department and CG business requirements. They must be capable of multi-tasking while working in a team environment to perform tasks cross functionally.
- Coordinate and communicate with Product Developers and Sourcing team on setting standards for new seasons
- Manage testing process of new fabrics with third party, this includes and not limited to: shipping test yardage, reviewing all testing reports/results upon receipt, filling out tests results and communicate to stakeholders all necessary information to ensure seamless process.
- Inspect Pre-shipment/Bulk Sample/Shipment of fabric and trims, compare with standards and communicate with appropriate departments on whether samples and /or raw materials meet CG quality standards
- Communicate with fabric and trim suppliers regarding results of pre-shipment or shipments inspections; drive improvement process, release or reject shipments
- Communicates and monitors all 3rd party testing and inspection process
- Issue Nonconformance report and ensure follow-up with rejection process
- Perform in-house tests in CG QA lab; analyze results, compare and confirm on third party tests and inspection reports
- Maintain CG QA standards library and files
- Support with any quality related production issues for labs, raw materials and finished goods
- Back-up to departmental QC Coordinator during absence and/or times of high volume of work.
- Support development and implementation of processes and procedures using an advanced knowledge of industry standards.
Experience, Education and Designations:
- College Degree or Diploma in apparel design and manufacturing
- 3-5 years of quality control experience within apparel manufacturing industry
- Textile/fashion industry knowledge
- Specialized lab testing knowledge
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Colour principle and colour sense
- Strong eye for details (shading, millimetre difference, colour reading and grading, etc.)
- Textile and lab testing knowledge
- Knowledge of industry inspection standards and garment construction (4-point system)
- Computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office, Illustrator, etc.)
- Communication and cooperation skills.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and a great team player
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve with a can-do attitude
- Manufacturing/Warehouse Environment
- Some heavy lifting
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Sr. Graphic Designer
Allen works with a team of graphic designers, the senior director, and the creative director to execute creative work for various marketing initiatives, primarily focused on signage, web, and print materials.
Back to top