Production Coordinator - Cutting
The Production Coordinator for Cutting is responsible for overseeing the activities of all Bulk sewing operators in the Cutting Hub. They are responsible for monitoring the production schedule and for producing to the current schedule on time and to the required quality levels. They are also responsible for monitoring operator attendance and performance for their section, and addressing both production and people issues accordingly in conjunction with the collective agreement. They are also responsible for staying in constant communication with the Cutting Room Supervisors and Logistics Team to manage priorities due to schedule changes and ensure shipping is done on timely manner.
- Hands on experience supervising the production of (20 + workers)
- Understanding shop floor technical (garment construction & engineering, line balancing, costing, working knowledge time studies)
- Responsible for teaching and overseeing operators Leadtec activities
- Union experience a bonus.
- Extremely organized
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to report out to the Management level.
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance personnel to ensure best in class quality and related processes are followed.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by management.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience with Health and Safety programs is an asset.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary School diploma preferred
- 5+ years, apparel manufacturing experience is a MUST (heavy outerwear and /or down experience preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Experience in supervising operations in a high-end apparel manufacturing facility set-up with multi style and quality production ability.
- Must be able to deal effectively with diverse group of operators.
- Must be familiar with manufacturing techniques and knowledge of concepts related to apparel manufacturing.
- Must be familiar with equipment used in the apparel industry including use of basic, semi-automatic and automatic machines.
- Must have knowledge of Quality Assurance Systems and Inventory Management Systems.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, operate proactively, work as a team and handle challenges.
- Excellent common sense, decision-making abilities, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to evaluate options and generate solutions.
- Confident, articulate, organized, detail oriented, goal oriented, self-motivated and hard working.
- Must be familiar with computers and business software such as MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook and ERP Software.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Assistant General Manager, Operations
Connie oversees operations at the flagship location, including coaching, training, and developing staff—and ensuring operational excellence, as well as building and propelling the Canada Goose brand to retail customers.
Back to top