Reporting to the Payroll Manager, your primary focus of this role is to administer accurate, efficient and timely payroll for employees across Canada. The administration of time and attendance, delivery of payroll statements and cheques; and the reconciliation of payroll entries to the sub ledgers is also key. Maintenance of all payroll related record keeping.
- Accurately enter, process and balance the bi-weekly payroll earnings and adjustments
- Process payroll information including but not limited to master file changes, earnings, department, leaves, new hire set up and terminations
- Process and balance payroll expenses, deductions and adjustments
- Track and maintain payroll records of all employee vacation and leave of absences
- Assist in the reconciliation of the payroll general ledgers; bi-weekly, monthly, year-end
- Provide a timely response from inquiries from Finance, HR, managers and employees
- Responsible for the distribution of all pay statements, ROEs and forms as required
- Create and maintain accurate payroll records and mail correspondences for immediate access
- Provide support for project work and other duties as required
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- 1-3 years of hands on experience in full cycle payroll processing including time and attendance tracking
- Post-secondary Education with a focus on Administration and or Accounting preferred
- Canadian Payroll Association - PCP designation is an asset.
- General knowledge of Canadian employment law, payroll legislation and accounting principles
- Experience with and or working knowledge of Ceridian Insync Blue is an asset
- Experience with unionized and or manufacturing payroll environment will have an advantage
- Experience working with multiple Province payroll is an asset but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PPT) with adaptability to learn new applications.
- Confidentiality and tact in dealing with personal payroll information
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- A self-starter with strong planning and organization skills
- Willing to adapt quickly to quick changes in direction
- Consistently exhibits Canada Goose's Values, taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting personal commitment
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Sr. Graphic Designer
Allen works with a team of graphic designers, the senior director, and the creative director to execute creative work for various marketing initiatives, primarily focused on signage, web, and print materials.
Back to top