Merchandise Planner (Contract)
The Merchandise Planner will support the Director, Sales Planning in the development of strategic assortment plans and product hindsight reviews.
- Take guidance to build recommended assortments for each channel that tie to production timelines and capacities
- Tracks monthly completions of MPO's that tie to original production schedule and assortment plans/order book
- Works with Planning on recommended flow, cluster volume, category and classification penetration, AUR, and SKU depths
- Support design vision while insuring line is a well-balanced mix of commercial and fashion product that addresses opening/core/elevated pricing
- Test post-market revisions vs. recommended assortments to communicate changes
- Partner with sales team to anticipate up-front product needs and insure new styles (SMU) or groups are developed where appropriate
- Create weekly global sell-through & regional recaps to provide teams with sales, product, colour and category insights.
- Provide Ad hoc in-season analysis to determine future product opportunities
- Keep abreast of competitive environment/trends at all price points in respective categories and all relative categories. Create recaps and disseminate as needed
- Assist in managing a time-and-action calendar with cross-functional deadlines
Experience, Education and Designations:
- 1-3Years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required or desired certifications, designations, associations, licenses (specify for each)
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent product sensibility
- Team oriented with ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the development and production process
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Assistant General Manager, Operations
Connie oversees operations at the flagship location, including coaching, training, and developing staff—and ensuring operational excellence, as well as building and propelling the Canada Goose brand to retail customers.
Back to top