Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis - Brand
The Financial Planning and Analysis, Brand ensures that new product development is cost engineered to meet target margins. Responsibilities will include providing short and long term financial planning and analysis to improve the company's understanding of revenue and margins. Ongoing development of Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) and reporting requirements.
- Work with Design and Merchandising group to ensure product gross margin and profit targets are met through understanding product costing and participating in pricing activities
- Provides analytical support for the brand, including developing and improving reporting including the development of brand/product profitability reports
- Responsible for the financial analyses and P&L's for new products and/or initiatives through the Stagegate process
- Prepare revenue forecasts and analysis of changes to Budget, forecast, and prior year for monthly reporting and forecast updates
- Develop recommendations to improve process and lead the creation and implementation of improved analysis tools
- Provide insights and analysis in areas affecting the Finance and Design and Merchandising teams
- Create and maintain Customer Profitability which is inclusive of all costs incurred by the company
- Provide support to the Pricing team in establishing and analyzing yearly price lists
- Assist the Senior Director with annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Ad hoc projects as requested
Experience, Education and Designations:
- 5 to 10 years of progressive work experience
- Successful completion of a University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Accounting of Finance) from a recognized educational institution coupled with either an MBA or professional accounting designation
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Proven skills and experience in modelling, pricing, and costing of product to maintain contribution margin
- Superior technical skills to mesh data from across multiple different sources to create analytics to drive out recommendations
- Curious nature with an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement
- Analytically minded with a strong ability to express the relationship between information and financial performance
- Experience with a major ERP (Dynamics AX preferred, but not required)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to deal with competing demands
- High level of accountability with the proven ability to effectively support and communicate with senior management
- Advanced skills to extract data from multiple systems/sources and make recommendations
- Office environment
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Assistant General Manager, Operations
Connie oversees operations at the flagship location, including coaching, training, and developing staff—and ensuring operational excellence, as well as building and propelling the Canada Goose brand to retail customers.
Back to top