Director, Planning- Wholesale and Retail
The Director, Planning – Wholesale & Retail will be responsible for the development of strategic long-range financial plans for Wholesale and Retail and the execution of those plan in market and throughout the year. They will be the hub for omni-channel decisions on inventory allocation, planning and fulfillment driving revenue and end-to-end planning.
- Build effective partnerships with Wholesale Sales, and Retail teams to implement global multi-channel assortment plans - but own the decision rights on in-season management.
- Build partnerships with Sales Planning and Sales Operations to forecast and plan finished goods appropriately assisting with the latest estimate and order book management
- Build and implement an end-to-end planning solution in partnership with Sales, Sales Planning, Sales Operations D&M and Production to drive visibility in forecasting FG inventory
- Build and implement Retail Reporting and Replenishment tools
- Work to minimize the risk of excess or discontinued inventory in the forecasting process
- Partners with strategy on a rolling working Long-Range Plan (LRP) as targets in category and classification penetration pushing to necessary parties as required
- Manages Wholesale door counts with team to supply sales planning & production as needed
- Support design vision while insuring line is a well balanced mix of commercial and fashion product that addresses opening/core/elevated pricing – executing 80% of the AP to wholesale
- Reviewing post-market revisions vs. assortments plans to communicate changes with sales planning and sales operations in collaboration
- Partner with sales team and sales planning through pre-line process to align Finished Goods (FG) forecasts (supply/demand)
- Reviews weekly selling report and regional recaps to provide team(s) with recommendations on exceeding revenue and driving the business forward
- Partner with Sales Operations/Insights team on reporting/insights to share throughout the organization
- Provide Ad hoc in-season analysis with Sales Planning to determine future product opportunities with Design & Merchandising (D&M)
- Assisting in the timely execution to the time-and-action calendar with cross-functional deadlines, working to improve process as needed
- Continue to develop and refine processes and tools for planning – wholesale and retail
Experience, Education and Designations:
- 5+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Comprehensive understanding of "retail math"
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent product sensibility
- Team oriented with ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the development and production process
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient Excel
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Assistant General Manager, Operations
Connie oversees operations at the flagship location, including coaching, training, and developing staff—and ensuring operational excellence, as well as building and propelling the Canada Goose brand to retail customers.
Back to top