The DevOps Engineer identifies and optimizes the interdependencies between applications development and infrastructure operations through a collaborative approach to continuous delivery and monitoring.
- Take ownership of our integration, staging and production continuous delivery pipelines.
- Responsible for ensuring our development team can deploy code quickly, reliably and securely
- Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations on how to streamline or improve our systems
- Monitors and tunes the performance of the infrastructure Identify and correct bottlenecks in the system, while working with development teams on optimizations and best-practices
- Improves operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features
- Develop deployment and monitoring processes and requirements
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations and / or mobile
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as network, monitoring, systems, databases, etc.
- Bachelor's in computer science with at least 6 years of high performance experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Possesses comprehensive technical knowledge and organizational skills to oversee, coordinate, and participate on highly complex projects with high visibility and high impact to the business
- Demonstrates creative thinking and innovative approaches using multiple technologies and works to clarify technical ambiguity
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships. Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes problems and roadblocks
- Works cross-functionally to accomplish assignments. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization
- 5+ years experience with scripting languages like Powershell or Python, setting up and configuring application performance monitoring and alerting, CI/CD tools like Team City, Jenkins, Buildmasters, Octopus
- 1-4 years experience with Ops Work, Chef, Ansible, or other automated CM, Azure ecosystem
- Regular business hours, but may require evenings and weekends to complete projects, monitor system/network alerts or perform maintenance on systems
- Work in offices, manufacturing facilities, environmentally controlled server rooms
- May require travel to local or international sites, conferences and/or seminars
- Office environment
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Assistant General Manager, Operations
Connie oversees operations at the flagship location, including coaching, training, and developing staff—and ensuring operational excellence, as well as building and propelling the Canada Goose brand to retail customers.
Back to top