Designer, Mens Outerwear
MISSION Design and execute all aspects of product for their specialized designated category, as led by the Design Director. Continually engaged in a way that supports premium product, consumer experience and brand ethos.FOCUS:To specialize in the specific category, to build and create a strong identity alongside the Design Director as it relates to the brand, through a solid core foundation that extends into a relevant seasonal assortment.Engage existing core audience while building new in roads to a premium global audience.This role requires and high level of communication as well as cross-departmental collaboration coupled with strong project management and timeline skills.
- Responsible for designing and developing their specialized collection that is consistent with both the brand message and seasonal direction as set by Head of Design and Design Director.
- Responsible for some research and presentation of the seasonal fabric and trim trends.
- Leads in the organization for development of each collection.
- Attends cross-departmental project meetings and briefings on behalf of the Design studio.
- Create project summarizes as needed for the Senior Creative Team and Studio Head.
- Responsible for assisting in the research and presentation of the seasonal fabric and trim trends.
- Responsible for assisting the Design Director meet all dates and timelines as dictated by the Department Head / Product Operations
- Must be able to develop and adopt fabrics and trims in partnership with the Sourcing and Procurement department.
- Responsible for assisting in the creation and maintenance of the collection as well as all associated files.
- Communicate when needed with outside designers and contract consultants
- Attend trade shows as needed as support to Design studio and Design Director.
- Responsible for designing and developing a collection that is consistent with brand and collaborating with the Design Director to meet all margin targets.
- Adhering to an initial seasonal merchandising plan, by delivery as well as driving SKU productivity down to a style level.
- Create, publish and maintain (as needed) line list, updating for company wide use.
- Must collaborate with the Design teams and the Head of Studio to create and publish the seasonal color palette and seasonal direction overview.
- Attend seasonal sales meetings when required in support of Design studio and the Design Director
- Attend financial / strategic pricing meetings to ensure product is accurately assessed for market.
- Knowledge of line merchandising and product construction
- Remain the constant voice of product continuity throughout the design process, ensuring that the product innovation and image is consistent in the designated category, alongside Design Director.
- Select and validate the construction requirements for all styles and fabrications. This includes; threads, baffles and interlinings.
- Support Quality Assurance with standard setting and approval review as well as claim and rejection process.
- Create and Maintain the Product Development Bill of Materials as well as all associated files.
- Ensure follow through on all fabrics and trims that require company standard testing prior to usage
- Attend all fittings from concept to execution, working closely with the pattern cutters and tech support to ensure vision of product is managed, in accordance with the Design Director.
- Entering all data required into PLM, updating as required.
- Oversee the colour selection and lab dip process for all new and existing fabrics as well as setting all color standards for Quality Assurance and future reference.
- Create, Distribute and Maintain style specific specification and comment packages for external and internal vendors
- Organizes information needed to assist in the costing process and works with the Brand Finance Analyst
- Works closely with reports to ensure they are maximizing their growth potential
- Be a contributing member of a tight team to ensure a healthy, positive environment.
- Responsible to assist and develop direct report(s), providing career development planning feedback.
- Evaluates employees using the Canada Goose development process that provides an overall context and framework for goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Works with Design Director to observe and own seasonal calendar, as it relates to the company calendar.
- Ability to work as a team and maintain a high level of professionalism and discretion
- An unquestioning sense of curiosity that pushes the boundaries of Canada Goose.
- Able to research independently with seasonal direction and deliver concepts and final designs on time.
- Consistently has a critical eye on the market, runway and current trends.
- Brings newness to the design process through exploratory thinking and executing.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- BA hons Degree or above in Fashion Design.
- 3-5 years working experience within a Fashion / Garment Design role or related position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Skill; included proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
- Knowledge of merchandising and critical product construction.
- Excellent presentation skills of both design and final presentation.
- CAD development skills for construction of garments and merchandised presentations.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Sr. Graphic Designer
Allen works with a team of graphic designers, the senior director, and the creative director to execute creative work for various marketing initiatives, primarily focused on signage, web, and print materials.
Back to top