Design and Merchandise Coordinator
The Design and Merchandising Department Coordinator works with cross functional teams to support the product calendar and execute stagegate activities and to provide administrative assistance to the department.
Product Calendar and Stagegate Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Product Strategy Analyst/product calendar lead with the tracking and updating of the master product calendar in Microsoft Project.
- Support the product calendar lead with all inquiries from the business related to seasonal product calendars to provide visibility, status, and updates on specific activities.
- Support the coordination and scheduling of the product calendar stagegates with direction from the product calendar Lead.
- Support product calendar lead with the creation of product calendar executive summaries.
- Attend the Cross Department meeting, to document and track against the product calendar and associated deliverables as needed.
- Estimated workload: 40% of fulltime
Administrative Key Responsibilities
- Provide direct administrative support to the VP of Design
- Calendar Management: Maintain calendar by arranging meetings and appointments between external or internal contacts for the VP of Design
- Arranges travel, hotel, and car reservations and prepares itineraries, both international and domestic to ensure time and cost effectiveness for the VP of Design
- Complete expense reports and other related duties for the VP of Design
- Arrange travel, hotel, and car reservations both international and domestic to ensure time and cost effectiveness and complete expense reports for Sr. Director of PD/E
- Assist with department invoicing, vendor communication and budget tracking in keeping with overall Design and Merchandising budget system as required by the Project Lead.
- Support all Design related sales conference actitivies managed by the Project Lead.
- Support the administrative functions around new employee onboarding in collaboration with the onboarding lead.
- Prepare a variety of correspondence, business presentations and meeting materials as needed by the department.
- Coordinate logistics of key meetings, department outings/events, and workshops in collaboration with the EA and Project Lead.
- Any additional duties as assigned
- Estimated workload: 60% of fulltime
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- University/College Degree with at least 2+ years of administrative work experience.
- Previous experience in the apparel, manufacturing industry preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis in Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Experience in Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator preferred. Experience with MS Project is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- A self-starter with strong planning and organization skills and detail-oriented, with the strong ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, presentation) and ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments (Planning, Sales, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Operations, etc).
- Take initiative to act on opportunities and identify areas of improvement to implement new processes or procedures and increase department efficiencies.
- Ability to foresee and help resolve potential conflicts in timelines, deliverables, or calendars
- Display a "can do" attitude to resolve problems and take pre-emptive action to find solutions.
- Ability to work at a high level of professionalism with both internal and external partners.
- Passionate about Canada Goose and the product possibilities ahead.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Assistant General Manager, Operations
Connie oversees operations at the flagship location, including coaching, training, and developing staff—and ensuring operational excellence, as well as building and propelling the Canada Goose brand to retail customers.
Back to top