Analyst, Internal Controls
Reporting to the Manager, Internal Controls, the Analyst, Internal Controls will provide coordination of the company's internal control documentation, testing, reporting and recommend remediation where required; ensuring that company procedures conform to compliance standards such as CEO/ CFO certification and Sarbanes-Oxley. The incumbent will review the internal control structure and will play an active role across the business to streamline processes to create reliable and timely delivery of financial reporting information.
- Preparation of documentation and reports to ensure that the Company meets all regulatory compliance and accounting guidelines through processes, policies and standards.
- Implementation and management of internal controls with respect to Disclosure Controls & Procedures (DC&P) and Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR).
- Establish and maintain internal controls in accordance to COSO framework covering Entity Level Controls, IT General Controls to Process Level Controls.
- Assist in risk assessment and scoping for internal controls compliance.
- Documentation of processes to identify any control gaps corresponding to identified risks.
- Perform testing on design and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Mapping of key controls against identified risks.
- Review processes and identify opportunities for risk mitigation through proposing new controls or revising existing controls.
- Recommend remediation plans for control deficiencies.
- Evaluate significant deficiencies and material weaknesses.
- Monitor changes in business processes, information systems, management and operations, and coordinate with functional staff to ensure mitigation of risks of error and fraud.
- Support new system and project initiatives from a strategic finance and internal control perspective.
- Participate in the quarterly internal controls reporting and preparation of quarterly certifications.
- Participate in the year-end internal controls reporting and preparation of certifications.
- Work with external auditors to ensure audits and related projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Business/Accounting
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required with Chartered Accountant (CA) focus
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience including public practice and working in publically traded companies
- Strong technical internal controls compliance skills
- Cost accounting experience within manufacturing or retail preferred
- Experience working in companies owned by private equity firms or publicly traded companies
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management
- Experience in working with COSO framework
- Experience with Bill 198 and/or SOX certification
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; able to influence and engage across the organization by building collaborative relationships with diverse groups
- Knowledge of MS Office
- ERP experience with MS Dynamics AX an asset
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Office environment
- Approximately 10% to 20% travel to subsidiaries and third party service providers.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.'s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.
Meet Some of Canada Goose's Employees
Sr. Graphic Designer
Allen works with a team of graphic designers, the senior director, and the creative director to execute creative work for various marketing initiatives, primarily focused on signage, web, and print materials.
Back to top