Senior Full Stack Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
Changing how the world schedules
The nature of work is changing and we're at the center of it all. Since 2013, Calendly has been on a mission to take the work out of connecting so that our customers can accomplish more.
We're obsessed with providing an elegant, delightful experience for our customers across industries like sales, recruiting, customer success and education. This shapes how we develop, design, market, sell, support and work as a team. We treat each other with respect and understanding, put first things first and never settle. While we're results driven, we always make time to learn, grow and have fun celebrating our accomplishments.
With our highly disruptive business model, we're experiencing exciting growth. We're looking for more people to join our team and help shape a product used by more than a million people worldwide.
About the opportunity
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Calendly, you'll have the ability to help build a product used by thousands of people. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations. Delivering a great experience to our customer is our first priority.
While we use technologies with proven track records, we love to explore and adopt the best technology to enhance our product. Calendly is built using a service-oriented architecture and continuous integration in order to quickly deliver our product. Our current technology includes: Ruby on Rails, RSpec, Backbone JS, Marionette JS, Capybara, SASS, Coffeescript, Postgres, Redis, Resque, Heroku
Our ideal candidate has experience not only with our tech stack in a successful SaaS company, but also with agile methodologies and web development. Top candidates are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code.
Some challenges you'll get to tackle
- Build amazing features for millions of Calendly users
- Actively engage with quality assurance about implementation and testing strategy
- Collaborate with the support team on customer issues
- Review implementation plans and pull requests from other engineers
- Advocate strong foundations in technical architecture while maintaining high velocity
- Write thorough tests for new functionality
- Participate in stand-ups, design reviews, story-writing and retrospectives
You should apply if you have:
- 5+ years of Software Development experience at a SaaS or technology company
- Deep proficiency with web application development
- Experience with test driven development and pair programming
- Drive to craft clean, reliable and highly maintainable code
- Experience working with a team using Agile methodologies and Scrum
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency (we do not sponsor at this time)
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Heroku Hosting Platform
- Experience working with build systems (Buildkite, Jenkins, TravisCI, etc..)
- Experience working with remote teams
- Knowledge of Rspec, experience with Capybara is a plus
What you'll enjoy about joining our team
Our team members well-being is just as important to us as their work. We offer competitive salary, unlimited paid time off and flexible remote work options to help maintain work-life balance. We also provide commuter benefits, snacks, happy hours, team-building events and so many other perks!
Join a diverse workforce, leading the way in scheduling automation.
Back to top