Senior Design Manager
What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what's really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide-with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we're looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly's Product team?
Calendly is currently looking for a Senior Design Manager to join our Product team to build on the success of the Calendly product - which is the best way to schedule the meetings that matter most to a professional or a business.
Calendly is growing fast across the globe and we're on a mission to drive that growth forward and offer more value to our users. As a Senior Design Manager , you'll be responsible for leading, coaching, and mentoring a group of passionate, experienced designers. You'll have the amazing opportunity to design dynamic experiences for our vast customer base including power solo users (prosumers) and enterprise users.
You will work closely with engineering, design, sales, product marketing, customer experience and product leadership to ensure the defined strategic outcomes are achieved. You will be working in an environment where collegial sparring is key to the best ideas, you will also be expected to use creativity and drive to bring new features and ideas to market.
Some challenges you'll get to tackle
- Leading UX by establishing clear definitions of quality to enable your team to ship exceptional user experiences on your projects
- Working as a strategic partner with leadership in Engineering and Product Management to define the overall strategy and direction for your area
- Developing deep domain expertise in the professional scheduling and meeting lifecycle space
- Developing and shipping with speed, consistency, and quality. We have immediate needs to deliver value to our users today while setting ourselves up for our vision of tomorrow
- Leading your teams through a fast-moving landscape while also providing growth opportunities
- Contributing to our growing design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire Calendly platform
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Deep experience leading teams in a multidisciplinary environment that have shipped simple, well designed and rationalized products to solve complex customer needs
- Expert knowledge of the end-to-end iterative product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- A proven track record of management and mentorship that points to your ability to help people grow and succeed in their careers
- Capacity to act on immediate needs while building for the long term with vision and strategy
- Comfort balancing out team mentoring, hands-on UX work, and providing input for product decisions
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the "why" behind your design rationale
- A deep empathy for the user and a desire to learn as much as possible about how they use Calendly
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Back to top