Procurement & Vendor Management Specialist
What is Calendly?
Calendly takes the work out of scheduling so our customers have more time to work on what's really important. Our software is used by millions of people worldwide-with thousands more signing up every day. To maintain this exciting growth, we're looking for top talent to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
Why join Calendly's Finance & Operations Team?
Calendly is looking for a Procurement & Vendor Management Specialist to join our fast growing team. This role will report to the Finance and Operations team and partner with the Legal, Security and Compliance functions to ensure that Calendly's purchases and partnerships are aligned to our best interests.
Our ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and enjoy reviewing materials for areas of concern and adjustment. They should partner well with business stakeholders, customers and vendors to bridge gaps, build consensus and communicate open items and next steps for remediation. This is an exciting and critical role to the business that will help ensure our growth is efficient and scalable.
What are some of the high impact opportunities you'll tackle?
- Oversee the process of vendor review and selection.
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain favorable terms for Calendly.
- Ensure minimal redundancy in the overall Calendly tech stack and internal systems design.
- Create and administer a smooth purchasing process that is in line with necessary Accounting controls and budget procedures while empowering speed and nimble execution.
- Assess the current purchasing process and make necessary automation and efficiency improvements.
- Respond to and escalate data privacy and protection needs to appropriate parties at Calendly for review and consideration as part of the contract review process.
- Understand current investment landscape and identify opportunities to retire/sunset technologies.
- Identify investments in need of integration/consolidation.
- Understand the largest, transformational investments that will be required for the business over the next year so that we can get out in front of those assessment and negotiation processes
- Educate all employees on the proper process to request and acquire assets above a certain threshold.
- Partner with the Security and Compliance function to ensure smooth handoffs and escalation procedures as part of the review and approval process
This opportunity is for you if you have/are:
- Paralegal background
- At least 2-3 years of experience administering the procurement and vendor management processes
- Analytical aptitude
- Attention to detail and ability to review contract vendor terms in partnership with Legal
- Familiarity with procurement tools and best practices
- Willingness to negotiate with vendors for favorable pricing and terms
- Experience redlining agreements according to organizational fit and ability
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
Calendly is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Calendly is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Back to top