Full Stack Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
Changing how the world schedules
The nature of work is changing and we're at the center of it all. Since 2013, Calendly has been on a mission to take the work out of connecting so that our customers can accomplish more.
We're obsessed with providing an elegant, delightful experience for our customers across industries like sales, recruiting, customer success and education. This shapes how we develop, design, market, sell, support and work as a team. We treat each other with respect and understanding, put first things first and never settle. While we're results driven, we always make time to learn, grow and have fun celebrating our accomplishments.
With our highly disruptive business model, we're experiencing exciting growth. We're looking for more people to join our team and help shape a product used by more than a million people worldwide.
About the opportunity
As a Full Stack Engineer at Calendly, you have the chance to hone your craft with the best and brightest engineers in Atlanta. You should be equally comfortable pair programming and working autonomously as well as troubleshooting independently and receiving direct feedback during a code review. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations. We all rally around a focus on delivering a great experience to our customers as our first priority.
Calendly is built using a service-oriented architecture and an automated continuous delivery system in order to efficiently deliver our product solutions. The successful individual write well tested software and grow into a full stack specialist that is comfortable working in multiple technologies such as Ruby on Rails, RSpec, React, Postgres, Redis, Heroku, and more.
Our ideal candidate has experience with one or more technologies in SaaS company, but also with agile methodologies and web development. Top candidates are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code.
When you join Calendly, you get the opportunity to deliver on a product used by millions, known for its best-in-class quality. Help us continue to deliver critical features to our users with excellence.
Some challenges you'll get to tackle
- Build amazing features for millions of Calendly users
- Actively engage with design, product, and QA regarding implementation and testing strategy
- Collaborate with the support team on customer issues
- Write implementation plans based on business requirements
- Strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of software delivery
- Participate in stand-ups, design reviews, story-writing and retrospectives
- Generate unit, API tests, and functional/GUI tests to validate your implementation
You should apply if you have/are:
- 3+ years of Software Development experience at a SaaS or technology company
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with test driven development and pair programming
- Strive to craft clean, reliable and highly maintainable code
- Experience working with a team using Agile methodologies and Scrum
- Experience with source control systems (prefer Github)
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America. Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time.
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Multiple development languages
- Experience with an internationalized application
- Four-year university/college degree
- Knowledge of Rspec, experience with Capybara is a plus
What you'll enjoy about joining our team
Our team members well-being is just as important to us as their work. We offer competitive salary, unlimited paid time off and flexible remote work options to help maintain work-life balance. We also provide commuter benefits, snacks, happy hours, team-building events and so many other perks!
Join a diverse workforce, leading the way in scheduling automation.
Back to top