Cafepress is seeking a pixel perfect developer with a high-standard of quality and deep knowledge of cross-browser responsive design along with SEO familiarity.
A successful individual for this role will be a detail-oriented problem-solver, able to work in a fast pace team environment, while also being able to efficiently prioritize and manage his or her own work load. They will have a strong desire to learn and take extreme pride in their work.
Outcome / Responsibilities:
- Create, update, maintain website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS/LESS
- Perform extensive technical quality assurance (especially in the area of cross browser compatibility and responsive design)
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best development practices
- Develop a reasonable understanding of the content subject matter
- Collaborate with creative director to match visual design intent
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Provide site optimizations to improve performance and adhere to SEO best practices
- Contribute to improvement by participating in meetings
- Respond to system alerts and events in accordance with established service level agreements; participates in on-call rotation for after hours support.
- Create and maintain documentation surrounding external or internal library usage
- Work with compliance department standards
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies/industry trends and make recommendations on adoption
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, web development, or related field or equivalent experience. Experience with Perforce or similar version control software.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable working in a Microsoft environment and using Visual Studio
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in the products you build.
- Desire to deliver quality work with a sense of urgency
- Able to analyze tasks and mocks and call out missing items and information prior to starting
- Knowledge of various browsers and differences between versions
- Experience with CSS and JS pre-processors
- Experience with GIT or similar source control systems
- Bonus Experience Points:
- .Net MVC and the Razor view engine
- Front end frameworks like Vue & Angular
- CSS frameworks like Bootstrap
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
Back to top