VP of Marketing
CafePress is seeking a dynamic leader to oversee its merchandising, brand and direct marketing efforts. Overall, this leader is responsible for the activities throughout the CafePress customer’s journey – creating brand awareness and excitement, generating traffic, identifying the right merchandising and pricing, upselling, and ultimately increasing customer life-time value through retention and on-going engagement campaigns. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, creative and has strong consumer insights. You are deeply analytical and lean towards making decisions by influencing others using data. You’re intellectually curious, a great cross-functional leader, team builder and communicator. This position reports into the CEO/Founder and will sit on the Executive Team.
Outcome / Responsibilities:
- Identify the strategic marketing and merchandising direction for CafePress, lead team in executing against plan and drive positive sales and profitability growth.
- Drive marketing and merchandising initiatives that allow CafePress to meet or exceed sales plans and outperform competitors.
- Manage product lines and marketing driven elements of P & L to drive positive sales and profitability growth, and manage expenses.
- Lead and develop team of marketing and merchandising professionals.
- Identify emerging business opportunities and white space within marketing and merchandising disciplines and drive team to action.
- Act as a trustworthy guardian of the CafePress brand to define the company’s unique voice and ensure all marketing and merchandising efforts are a positive reflection of the brand.
- Drive true integration within merchandising and marketing team to amplify and optimize the efforts of both departments.
- Leverage best in class digital technology to optimize contact strategy and shopping experience.
- Drive efforts with Product and Engineering teams to define website design, technology priorities and site experience to drive the long-term growth of the organization.
- Develop organizational design and succession plans for a high performing organization poised for growth.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to translate trends into mission-centric business opportunities
- Thorough knowledge of database marketing, demand generation, brand management, merchandising, paid search, SEO, social, and channel marketing
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills with a willingness to embrace personal and professional development of both self and direct reports
- Ability to set and articulate a vision and then develop and deliver supporting marking plans
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and change.
- Proven ability in developing strategies and business plans for all aspects of marketing (brand, product, online acquisition, and retention)
- Experience working with external agency and channel partners
- Strong ability in leading, coaching, and motivating teams
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing required; MBA preferred
- 15+ years of Marketing experience with at least 5 of those years in eCommerce
- 5+ years working in or with Merchandising teams
This position has supervisory responsibilities. Responsible for the direction and supervision of all Marketing functions.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Meet Some of CafePress's Employees
The culture of CafePress really reflects the culture of our customers—and that's what we love about it.
Back to top