Quality Assurance Engineer
The Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer may verify field reported problems and report progress on problem resolution to management. This position will interact widely with various functional areas, will advocate quality approaches and support Quality Assurance strategic goals. This position will require manual and automated testing.
Outcome / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the testing of applications and processes. Collaborate with the development team and stakeholders to ensure testable user stories are created and estimated. Support user testing (UAT) and perform data validation.
- Participate in planning activities, such as user story creation, expected testing tasks with attention on testability.
- Identify test conditions for user stories and administer the test plans, scenarios, and cases used in testing, based on technical specifications and/or product knowledge to ensure proper functionality and that the process aligns with the overall corporate life-cycle.
- Develop, execute and maintain manual and automated tests to ensure code quality in a continuous integration environment.
- Represent quality principles and processes within assigned product teams.
Recommend continuous process improvement ideas to management.
- Document and disseminate test results, release notes and troubleshooting guide needed for field support.
- Provide training and QA support on new products and features.
- Complies/enforces standards and regularly participates in process improvement activities.
- Maintain proficiency with existing technologies and develop skills with new technologies.
- Build and share product knowledge within project and QA team and consistently represent quality activities and processes.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- A minimum of three - five (3-5) years of experience in a Quality Assurance role with manual and automated test case definition and execution experience, as well as experience writing test plans and procedures, tracking errors, documenting results for software applications.
- Understanding of Source Code Delivery system (SDLA) and QA best practices in accordance with various methodologies, including but not limited to Agile, Waterfall, etc.
- Evidence of strong analytical and troubleshooting skills driven by a logical, methodical approach. Experience using web-based ecommerce applications.
- The ability to perform all of the regular functions commonly required in quality assurance testing and strong comprehension of all concepts and applications of quality assurance testing.
- Evidence of the ability to perform in a fast-paced, changing environment with deadline-oriented projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively with colleagues and enterprise technical teams and create a professional and productive environment.
- Exhibit ability to learn new information and complex business functions and apply knowledge to new concepts and projects.
- Automated test creation using Selenium Webdriver.
- CodedUI for Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- API testing using Postman or Soap UI.
- Good understanding of programming in C# .NET.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical background and an understanding of the ecommerce industry.
- Mobile testing or Web Portal experience.
- Experience in data validation.
- Experience testing with multiple browsers.
- Ability to write SQL queries.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Information, Quality Assurance or related degree.
- A combination of education, experience and training may be considered in lieu of formal degree.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Meet Some of CafePress's Employees
The culture of CafePress really reflects the culture of our customers—and that's what we love about it.
Back to top