Manager, Web Development
You're not like anyone else. Neither are we.
At CafePress, our culture is different. We don’t just have interests; we have obsessions. We look for the kind of things that we know aren’t easy to find. And that’s okay with us. After all, if we wanted easy, we would be like everyone else.
We’re looking for people who want to join a team, a family. People who love coming to work, who enjoy their coworkers and above all else, are dedicated to and inspired by our customers.
If this sounds like you, we’re hiring!
The Manager, Web Development is responsible for managing daily development activities related to global websites under the CafePress brand, including Cafepress.com
- Timely implementation and delivery new content and website enhancements
- Ensure highly optimized, technically efficient, implementation of high-quality user experiences
- Ensure that the development team is following appropriate architectural standards
- Ensure that the team adheres to relevant user experience and brand guidelines
- Ensure proper implementation of Google Analytics throughout the site
- Ownership of technical SEO implementation on the site ensuring that we are following best practices related to technical SEO in all website development activities
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to manage delivery of site updates and enhancements.
- Use tools to monitor page speed, HTML encoding standards, and other performance related metrics. Ensure we maintain performance within defined standards.
- Oversee the implementation of A/B tests ensuring that we maintain a positive user experience
- Focus on the professional development of direct reports through regular 1-on-1 conversations providing coaching, mentorship, and guidance on both technical and career development opportunities
- Explore and understand emerging trends in web development to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Develop clean, efficient, maintainable code
- Participate in architecture and technical discussions with a tight-knit group of engineers
- Help align projects from concept through development, QA, staging, and production deployment
- Function effectively in a high-volume, fast-changing work environment while managing multiple time-critical issues
- Work in a collaborative manner with the Marketing, Design, and Engineering departments to maintain and improve our website
- Deliver and support a mobile optimized, responsive web experience
- Interface with Engineering, Product and QA teams to troubleshoot releases for the platform and gather information on the requirements for a highly-functional User Interface
Education and Experience:
- Ecommerce - Experiencing leading web development initiatives in an ecommerce environment
- Leadership and Execution - Experience leading a team of developers to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Collaboration - Experience interacting with cross-functional teams to collect requirements and verify results
- Flexibility - Proven ability to respond and react quickly in a highly dynamic commercial environment
- Familiarity and experience with technical SEO concepts and best practices
- Familiarity and experience with web analytics platforms and methodologies, particularly Google Analytics
- Familiarity and experience with relevant site performance metrics in an ecommerce environment
- Ability to identify, define, and estimate work required to implement and deploy new content and features
- Strong commitment to delivering high-quality user experiences as efficiently as possible
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to mentor direct reports through both corrective and affirming feedback
- Strong communication skills. Must have ability to simplify complex technical concepts and effectively communicate concepts up, down, and across organization.
- Proven ability to collaborate and coordinate with various stakeholders to effectively communicate, prioritize, and execute development initiatives. Partner with key cross-functional teams to ensure all relevant organizational goals and implications are factored into development activities.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of CafePress's Employees
The culture of CafePress really reflects the culture of our customers—and that's what we love about it.
Back to top