Director of CRM
The Director of Customer Relations Management assists the VP of Marketing in setting strategic direction and managing the database marketing P&L, looking for innovative ways to drive database conversion, engagement and retention to achieve required revenue metrics. Also works with VP of Marketing to evolve the database communication approach and leverage personalization and automation. Additionally, Director will use sound marketing resource management and planning and will liaise with technological support departments to ensure proper planning, segmentation, execution and analysis of direct marketing initiatives.
Outcome / Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage CRM strategy across all touch points; email, direct mail, social and mobile apps
- Set a strategic direction and manage the database marketing P&L, looking for innovative ways to drive database conversion, engagement and retention to achieve required revenue metrics
- Evolve the database communication approach and leverage personalization and automation
- Lead team responsible for world-class database marketing
- Global ownership of communication strategy to global customer database
- Coach and develop a team to maintain high morale and drive business results
- Agile planning and prioritization to balance local and global needs, efficiency, quality and results
- Ability to reinvent and adapt to changing demands and pressures within a complex organization with aggressive goals
- Develop an effective way to maintain constant visibility and transparency into the plans and progress of your team
- Find creative solutions to help the team overcome roadblocks despite limited data, tools and resources
- Build strong, healthy relationships within and across the teams
- Drive analytics and reporting to identify opportunities and manage performance
- Emphasis on collaboration outside of marketing to define strategies and deliver on the role of Programs/Campaigns.
- Aggressively test to evolve and innovate our communication strategy
- Work closely with in-house creative team for collaborative delivery of marketing assets
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and maintain relationships with peers at other companies to feed new ideas, learn from their experiences and benchmark our progress.
- Partner closely with engineering and marketing infrastructure to ensure we are using technology to drive best in class email program, moving nimbly and managing relationships as needed to fill any technology gap
- Manage and prioritize all Programs among team members to help the team overcome roadblocks and creatively identify efficiencies and opportunities for alignment
- Partner with head of Campaigns to look at the customer experience holistically and determine when to create unique campaigns and when to build on-going communication programs
- Continuously evaluate how to leverage Campaign wins to build out new triggered programs
- Create, manager implementation and optimize multi-channel user lifecycle strategies that address user/customer engagement and retention objectives such as onboarding, activation, churn prevention, cross sell/up-sell and net promotion
- Drive inter-departmental collaboration and coordination for scheduled marketing communications
- Understand and manage all touch-points in the customer experience
- Execute personalized, relevant marketing communications with automation, personalization, templatization and dynamic messaging
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is required; Advanced degree in Marketing or Communications is preferred.
- 7+ years of CRM experience within an eCommerce brand
- 5+ years of team management experience: leading, coaching and mentoring.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mobile app experience is a plus
- Extremely organized and able to lead a diverse team across multiple time zones
- Relentless, creative, scrappy problem solver
- Passion for focusing on the customer and personalizing their experience
- ‘Can do’, positive, infectious attitude and leadership style
- Deep digital experience and knowledge of CRM best practices
- Comfort, poise and capability of presenting concisely to executives
- Change management skills
- Dynamic, flexible personality capable of changing on-demand and innovating rapidly
- Passion for data and strong bias for action, willingness to roll up sleeves and dig in as needed
- Experience partnering with technology providers and ESP’s to define technical integration requirements
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Meet Some of CafePress's Employees
Director, Order Management & Production
Adam provides a wide range of system support and constantly tries to improve production timelines and cost efficiency. He oversees a team and all logistics associated with orders.
Back to top