Designer II (Creative/Video)
Who You Are:
- You are a talented designer with a great eye and the technical chops to deliver the vision of the brand and marketing team
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about creating effective solutions and solicit various levels of feedback to ensure your work is both excellent and effective
- You have an eye for great photography and video and can use editing tools to make a great image or video even better
- You understand the importance of typography and take the extra time to make sure every element of your design is optimized
- You use your concept and execution skills to create experiences that will both inspire and communicate
- You are confident in your abilities but you also know how to leave your ego at the door
- You are a team player and you thrive in an environment where “the whole is greater than the sum of its parts”
Projects will include video, image editing, loading product images into our proprietary software, daily email promotions, promotional banners and display advertising for seasonal and themed campaigns, social initiatives, corporate marketing, offline print, packaging, and more.
- Execute original creative solutions for marketing and business objectives, while maintaining creative, technical and brand standards
- Provide new ideas and multiple innovative design solutions for assigned online and offline creative projects
- Contribute to the evolution and strategy of design practices and creative standards for the visual expression of the brand including layout, color, typography, and imagery requirements
- Manage multiple creative projects effectively and efficiently while maintaining priorities, deadlines, and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Solicit feedback and attend design reviews to ensure that all deliverables meet expectations
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field preferred and 1-5 years of related work experience. Marketing, advertising, interactive, print, user-centered, and eCommerce design experience is required. Significant experience managing multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Portfolio of previous work
- Applications without a portfolio link will not be considered
- 1-5 years of solid work experience in both consumer and corporate markets
- Excellent creative skills and design proficiency in typography, color, layout, composition, imagery and video
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Premier, After Effects, Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign and Dreamweaver
- Excellent photo retouching skills
- Video storyboarding and editing skills
- Previous experience in conceptual layout for still life and lifestyle product photography
- Comprehensive understanding of desktop/mobile design principles, HTML and CSS
- Ability to work effectively and maintain creativity under pressure
- Ability to promote a positive atmosphere throughout the team and organization
- A “roll up the sleeves” attitude; a self-starter with the drive to “make things happen”
- Thorough attention to detail
- Exceptional collaboration skills
- Excellent grammar skills with the ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely usesstandard office equipment.
Meet Some of CafePress's Employees
Director, Order Management & Production
Adam provides a wide range of system support and constantly tries to improve production timelines and cost efficiency. He oversees a team and all logistics associated with orders.
Back to top