Video Conferencing-Collaboration Platform Engineer
The VCC (Video Conferencing and Collaboration) engineer for Deskside Operations is responsible for the design, planning, implementation, management and support of the strategic video conferencing ecosystem at Caesars Entertainment, Inc. The VCC engineer is the foremost subject matter expert in enterprise video collaboration platform, management of the user database, and ability to scale the needs of the company. This role will have direct influence in the formulation, planning, and execution of the Caesars video conferencing and collaboration strategy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Acts as subject matter expert for Caesars VCC strategy
- Responsible for architecture, design, planning, implementation, management and support of the strategic VCC ecosystem including Zoom, Skype for Business and other new and emerging platforms.
- Provide oversight and ownership of the VCC platform currently in use
- Develop and maintain strategy/approach in alignment with industry best practices for video conferencing and collaboration, management, inventory, billing, devices, and applications
- Interact with and act is a point of contact for current vendor provider of VCC
- Expertise with configuration and troubleshooting IOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows Mobile OS devices.
- Responsible for training and mentoring junior level staff and operations team in technical subjects and troubleshooting/maintenance.
- Maintain frequent high quality communications with property clients and all other affected individuals/ areas of projects and support, including project meetings, project plans, financial performance, project scope and key assumptions, dates, etc. While in project execution, facilitate user and leadership decision making through timely and accurate cost benefit, impact and sensitivity analyses in support of scope, resourcing and schedule decisions.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Align vendors' strategies to company's market strategy/ objectives. Build long-term partnership with strategic vendors. Align vendor metrics and goals to company financial targets.
- Manage conflicting priorities by understanding the business strategy and developing alternatives.
- Manage successfully in a cross-functional environments and negotiates workable solutions
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
4+ years related business experience
- Expert Video Conferencing and Collaboration tools and platforms currently available in the industry
- Mobility integration to VCC and understanding of O365 technology
- iOS, Android, and Blackberry expertise in troubleshooting and supporting of devices that may utilize VCC platforms
- Experience with enterprise migration to cloud environment and cloud mobility applications
- Support of consumer and custom mobile applications
- Experience supporting mobile devices and applications on enterprise wifi infrastructure – working with network teams to identify areas of coverage deficiency, application performance issues, etc.
- Extensive vendor management and process management experiences – vendor training, developing run books, process development.
- Must be able to provide team leadership to groups possessing varied levels of technical knowledge. Familiarity with ITIL-based incident, change and problem management processes will be a distinct advantage.
- Superior communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Direct experience managing multiple sophisticated I/T integration projects to successful completion.
- Experienced in process engineering and technical project requirements generation in the user environment.
- Management and I/T consulting experience a definite plus.
EDUCATION Bachelor's degree in a business management or a computer science-related field or equivalent experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top