Third Party Audit Manager
Reporting to the Vice President Corporate Internal Audit, the Manager Third Party Audit is responsible for leading and conducting audits related to the Company's third party relationships (e.g., leases, design & construction, rebates) to help ensure the Company is receiving the correct revenue and/or paying the correct expenses. This person interacts with internal and external mid-to-senior level management to discuss and resolve potentially contentious issues, recommends improved business practices and assists with revenue remediation efforts. This person will be responsible for the review of contracts, leases and other management agreements, as well as, evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of a variety of corporate processes and related operating procedures. This person is also responsible for identifying trends between reports to identify improvement opportunities that will help the Company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage internal audit activities, including the effective planning and execution of contract compliance, financial, and operational audits of business operations across the Caesars enterprise.
- Research and develop practical solutions and business improvements, highlighting value-added activities.
- Assist in the annual and ongoing risk assessment process; recommend real-time changes, as appropriate.
- Assess the risk associated with potential non-compliance of contracts, application of appropriate resources and communicates high risk issues to appropriate members of management.
- Lead, manage, or perform special project activities, and provide consulting and advisory services to clients in order to strengthen financial reporting and controls.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to formulate appropriate business improvement recommendations verbally and in writing to various levels of management.
- Liaise with management, business partners, and accountants to assure objectives are met.
- Offer input and demonstrate commitment to the long-term advancement of the audit function.
- Assist with hiring, training, developing, mentoring and evaluating job performance for professional staff.
- Assist Vice President in department administration, including audit plan development, performance analysis, and resource management.
- Research and review the Company's relationships with vendors to ensure that any existing conflicts of interest are disclosed.
- Identify and document business processes and controls in order to evaluate risks and compensating controls.
- Lead and encourage departmental innovation and consistency.
- Develop an appropriate (annual) individual training program with all staff members, ensuring a personalizing interaction with each staff member to provide legendary leadership.
- Provoke ideas and actions to foster innovation and analytical prowess of the staff members.
- Understand commercial awareness in interactions with management and department members.
- Manage a team of professional staff in the performance of internal audit, fraud detection, revenue recoveries and consulting activities.
- Motivate the team with designed programs, providing a positive interactive work environment.
- Engage the team to succeed together, driving a departmental mindset of confidence and personal strengths.
- Gather required information to periodically report on own team's Key Performance Indicators to senior Internal Audit management.
- Take necessary actions to act upon client and employee feedback, both positive and corrective.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be eligible for occupational licensing in various gaming jurisdictions.
- Excellent leadership, time management, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and motivate others.
- Knowledge and experience in third party auditing. This includes some experience in auditing at least one of these areas: lease, construction, rebate or other similar areas. Preferably experience in more than one of these areas.
- Ability to travel to various locations (up to 20%)
- Able to work independently and follow through, with limited supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Four-year degree in accounting or finance from accredited college or university, or four-year degree with sufficient courses in accounting and auditing required. Five or more years of internal audit, public accounting, or related business experience, with a minimum of two years of managerial or supervisory experience. CPA, CIA, or CISA required. Training experience in a corporate or operational environment required.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complains from customers and employees. Ability to communicate policies and procedures to individuals and groups, and to persuade others to accept or adopt a specific opinion or action. Ability to effectively present information and/or a convincing argument to executives.
ANALYTICAL AND REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and contracts. Ability to accept ambiguous circumstances and take action where answers to a problem are not readily apparent. Ability to analyze information, problems, situations, practices or procedures to: define the problem or objective, identify relevant concerns or factors, identify patterns, tendencies and relationships, formulate logical and objective conclusions, recognize alternatives and their implications. Skill in managing multi-faceted projects to a successful conclusion. Ability to multi-task.
Periodic travel of approximately up to 20% required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Director of Marketing Reinvestment
Katy partners with Caesars Entertainment’s Direct Mail and Email Marketing Team, Analysts, and Events Department to create awesome offers and customer participation programs for the Las Vegas region.
Back to top