Tax Staff Accountant
The Tax Staff Accountant is responsible for daily, monthly, quarterly and annual of various taxes and licenses for multiple jurisdictions including but not limited to; Gaming Tax, Entertainment Tax, IRS, State and Local Patron Withholding, Room Tax, Federal Excise Tax, Gaming Licenses, Business Licenses etc... This position will be responsible for various levels of research, interpretation, implementation and problem resolution. This person will need to be able to complete their tasks with minimal guidance why providing accurate and timely information. This position will work closely with Regulators, Auditors and Finance leaders.
Key Job Functions
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and annual accounting processes to accurately record revenue and pay appropriate taxes and licenses.
- Prepare all journal entries including expense accruals, prepaid amortizations and miscellaneous entries as needed
- Prepares Balance Sheet account reconciliations and analysis.
- Research and interpret tax regulations and provide insight in to Sr. Tax Accountants and Management.
- Assists in all aspects of internal and external audit reviews, including the preparation of audit schedules as needed and collaboration with the auditors
- Communicate and maintain strong working relationships with Internal and External Auditors, Finance Leaders and Regulators.
- Stay abreast of changes across multiple jurisdictions and legislative bodies, provides leadership with updates, impacts and solutions.
- Assist leadership teams with special projects, research and supplemental reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent. Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of accounting and reporting experience preferably in tax.
- Must have intermediate level skills with Microsoft Excel/Word/Access and 10-key. Knowledge of AS400 a plus, but not required.
- Excellent judgment with ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Must be organized and detailed oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must be able to provide a timely, accurate and complete work product of the highest quality.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Must be a team player and ability to collaborate with others.
- Must be able to follow through on requests and commitments.
- Ability to provide "win-win" solutions while resolving customer service issues in a positive and professional manner.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top