Systems Analyst - Enterprise Data Warehouse
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Systems Analyst is a key member of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team responsible for testing, maintaining and supporting applications on EDW and validating source system data loads. This position will have a focus on developing, maintaining and supporting EDW Business Intelligence (BI) Applications, implementing best practices and procedures, and performing application administration. The position will work directly with other IT application groups and end-users to analyze, troubleshoot, test and enhance applications. The Systems Analyst will support multiple interfaces to diverse in-house developed applications based on MicroStrategy, Cognos 7.5, Cognos 10, and Tableau environments.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- The position will focus on the day to day aspects of supporting BI Applications including MicroStrategy, Tableau, and Cognos in addition to ensuring integrity of the Data Warehouse.
- Support responsibilities include handling trouble and issue tickets, researching and fixing data integrity issues, and will require the ability to provide after-hours and weekend support as part of rotational 24x7 on-call schedule.
- Perform administrative tasks such as user management, server maintenance, application restarts, etc. as a part of day to day activities.
- Perform all aspects of internal system acceptance testing, ensuring delivery of well-tested system enhancements, and further ensuring systems meet business requirements.
- Troubleshoot incidents reported by end-users, escalating where necessary to schedule system changes, and discussing resolutions with end-users in order to arrive at a permanent solution.
- Document activities from design to completion to assist future analysts in understanding work solutions. Ensure documentation completion for overall project.
- Analyze existing systems and databases, and recommend enhancements to solve identified business needs. Apply working knowledge of application components (e.g. file structures) in conjunction with query tools to solve identified business needs.
- Keep abreast of current technology in both hardware and software in order to recommend business solutions that fit system constraints, meet user needs, and match the company's strategic outlook.
- Support business objectives by investigation of user needs and development of innovative ideas for solutions.
- Coordinate, analyze and schedule system change requests with users and supervisor.
- Develop and maintain good written and oral communication skills.
- Ensure systems meet the business needs of users by acting as a liaison with users and user representatives regarding system change requests and specific business requirements design.
- Ability to use problem solving approaches and effective communication in various settings and with a variety of audiences, strategic thinking and planning, etc. to achieve the required outcome with teams both internal and external.
- Able to use requirement gathering templates/protocols to collect information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of defects and issues. Can recognize a defect, a user error, training issue, data issue, etc. in the testing context.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the different phases of testing and is able to articulate them clearly.
- Write simple to moderate test scripts and prepare simple to moderate test data.
- Maintain frequent, high quality communications with clients and all other affected individuals/ areas of projects and support, including project meetings, project plans, project scope and key assumptions, dates, etc.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with clients, users, service providers, product managers and engineering team members.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
1+ years work experience in job with systems analysis and design, implementation, training, and testing required relating to Business Intelligence (BI) development and support
2+ years experience in end-user area with 1+ years experience in analysis, design, implementation, testing and training.
- 1+ years work experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics or information management system is required.
- 1+ years experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) is required.
- 1+ years experience with BI Tool is required (MicroStrategy preferred).
- 1+ years experience with a Relational Database is required (Teradata preferred).
- 1+ years work experience with physical and logical database modeling is required.
- Requires basic knowledge of ETL processes and OLAP design.
- Experience with hardware and software installation and diagnostics preferred, usually acquired through previous business systems and BI experience.
- Experience with Teradata and Teradata Utilities is preferred.
- Experience with one or more BI & Analytics Tools: Tableau, MicroStrategy or Power BI
- Experience with one or more ETL tool: Datastage or Abinitio
- Experience with one or more Statistical Software: R or Python
- Experience with Machine Learning APIs, Frameworks and AI tools.
- Experience with one or more Cloud Data technology: Microsoft Azure (HDInsight), AWS (EMR, Redshift, S3 and etc), Hadoop or Google BigQuery.
- Experience in various Data Architecture: ODS, Data Warehousing, Data Lake and Big Data
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or technical training equivalent is preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Director of Marketing Reinvestment
Katy partners with Caesars Entertainment’s Direct Mail and Email Marketing Team, Analysts, and Events Department to create awesome offers and customer participation programs for the Las Vegas region.
Back to top