**Staff Internal Auditor - Talent Pool
Caesars Entertainment is seeking candidates interested in the Staff Internal Auditor position. Candidates that meet the criteria below will be considered for future openings.
The Staff Auditor is responsible for performing or assisting in the planning and execution of compliance, financial, and operational audits, and special projects. Experienced staff auditors may lead a team of auditors in performing audit activities. This individual regularly interacts with mid-level management to discuss potentially contentious issues and recommend improved business practices. Other functions to include:
- Assess compliance with governmental and jurisdictional regulatory requirements, financial accounting and auditing standards, and company policies to ensure company assets are safeguarded
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of information systems and business controls
- Compare and contrast property controls with regulatory requirements and generally expected internal controls
- Assist in creating audit programs for new company/property initiatives
- Identify and document business processes and controls in order to evaluate risks and compensating controls
- Assist in providing advisory and consulting services to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and utilization of company assets
- Assist in assuring audit practices conform to department and professional standards.
- Contribute to a strong relationship with property mid-management and staff
- Lead or facilitate meetings with guidance from more senior staff to discuss audit findings and consulting services with top levels of management
- Assist in performing a wide variety of ad hoc special projects that may include collaboration with mid-level corporate or property management
- Assist in the training and development of new staff
- 4-year college degree in accounting, business or other related discipline.
- Must be eligible for occupational (gaming) licensing.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to comfortably communicate to all levels of management
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles/standards, and familiarity with various computer systems and applications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a changing environment
- Must possess highly developed analytical skills and the ability to think creatively about ways to analyze casino, hotel, and retail operations
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time (4 hours).
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling employee conflicts.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property and from floor to floor either by stairways (minimum of 20 steps) or escalator.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.; and, have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing dust, loud noises and bright lights.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to simultaneously manage several projects, and not be frustrated by changing priorities and unforeseen obstacles to achieving objectives.
- Ability to speak distinctly and persuasively.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top