Staff Accountant - Lease
Lease Accountant is responsible for operational data integrity for all Lease Accounting functions, which includes but not limited to full cycle accounting for leases, tenant relationships, reconciliation balance sheet accounts and preparing ad-hoc reports as requested by management. Interpreting lease language and set-up leases according to GAAP
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and annual accounting processes to accurately record lease revenue for financial reporting.
- Prepare all journal entries including expense accruals, amortization and depreciation, gross potential rent, straight line rents and all other journal entries necessary to ensure books comply with GAAP.
- Maintain compliance with internal control and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Review and tie out all A/R reporting at month end.
- Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations and analysis.
- Prepare monthly straight-line analysis, ensuring that minimum rent amounts and straight-line. dates are property recorded in MRI in accordance with lease terms, are accurately reflected in the balance sheet and are in accordance with FASB 13.
- Analyze and Interpret lease terms for proper accounting treatment and set lease terms up in MRI.
- Ensure that all documentation received from the tenants accurately reflect Gross Sales as defined by the lease terms and are accurately stated in MRI.
- Prepare and post tenant scheduled charges and adjusting charges in MRI.
- Invoice tenants based upon lease terms including but not limited to minimum rents, percentage rents etc...
- Proactively work with tenants to collect payment and resolve outstanding balances.
- Prepare documentation, schedules and provide support for all audits.
- Communicate and maintain strong working relationships with Tenants, Internal and External Auditors, Finance Leaders and Analytics teams.
- Provide Ageing updates to management.
- Assist leadership teams with special projects, research and supplemental reporting.
- Stay abreast of changes in lease accounting and provide leadership with updates, impacts and solutions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.
- 4+ years of technical accounting experience or 2+ years of lease accounting.
- Experience of GAAP and accrual based accounting is essential as is the understanding of standard principles, practices and methods of modern accounting and office practices, procedures, methods, accounting equipment and software.
- Must have good experience with internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Must have intermediate level skills with Microsoft Excel/Word/Access and 10-key. Knowledge of AS400 & MRI a plus, but not required.
- Excellent judgment with ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Must be organized and detailed oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Must be a team player and ability to collaborate with others.
- Must be comfortable with answering and placing phone calls to tenants regarding past due balances.
- Ability to remain calm and have patience under pressure.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Director of Marketing Reinvestment
Katy partners with Caesars Entertainment’s Direct Mail and Email Marketing Team, Analysts, and Events Department to create awesome offers and customer participation programs for the Las Vegas region.
Back to top