Staff Accountant - Corporate Accounting
Caesars Entertainment is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown into a family of affiliated resort casinos on four continents. Caesars-affiliated casino resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Affiliates of Caesars also own the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. The Caesars Entertainment family’s success is a result of an unblinking focus of building loyalty and value with guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars and its affiliates are committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognize the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.
Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values Integrity, Service with Passion, Celebrating Success, Diversity, Caring Culture, and Rigor every day. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities.
This role will support the Corporate Accounting Department which is responsible for accounting for Company Benefits, Risk Management, Legal and Debt
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Play an active role in the departmental month-end close process
• Assist with the preparation of monthly journal entries for routine activity related to Benefits, Risk Management, Legal and Debt
• Assist in the preparation of balance sheet general ledger reconciliations.
• Develop strong but independent business relationships with relevant departments.
• Assist with the execution of process efficiencies to continuously improve quality and shorten the time required to execute the Department's objectives.
• Assist with the preparation of certain information requested by internal and external auditors and internal customers.
• Assist with technical accounting research and analysis of GAAP to determine impact on financial reporting
• Perform ad hoc projects as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
• 1 - 2 years accounting work experience, public experience a plus
• Working knowledge of US GAAP
• Detail oriented, self-motivated team player
• Strong verbal and written communication and critical thinking skills
• Ability to function and adapt to change within a fast-paced environment
• Excellent MS Office experience including Excel and Word
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently as well as in a team environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top