Sr React Front-end Engineer - Booking %26 Payments Team
Based in Las Vegas, NV and reporting to the Booking Engineering & Platform Manager, the Sr. React Front-End Engineer will be responsible for engineering the front-end code for the caesars.com and it's set of product booking eCommerce, and content management capabilities, for Caesars Entertainment and its family of brands (Caesars Palace, Flamingo, The LINQ, Harrah's, Bally's, etc.).
The Sr. React Front-End Engineer will participate within a product scrum, in close collaboration with the Digital Product Owner and Scrum master, to execute single page application development for the entire guest commerce experience, across all web-based digital channels (mobile, desktop signage, voice, etc.).
This role is responsible for breaking down and translating capabilities/features into various code artifacts, including estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, and deployment to propel the product forward from user story through deployment. In addition, this leader will be accountable for the successful launch of defect free, modular, reusable code from ideation through implementation, as well as continuous optimization through the product lifecycle.
The ideal candidate will have a proven and deep understanding of web development and front-end coding principles with respect to responsive web engineering, as well as the ability to provide guidance to developers within his/her scrum team towards the development of guest-facing experiences. Responsible for ensuring her/his teammates participate in the creation and consistent application development of digital product engineering design principles, patterns, and shared code libraries to ensure efficient and scalable product development. Must be able to collaborate within the team, across multiple product teams and vendor/ partners simultaneously, excel in a fast-paced environment, identify and leverage opportunities across teams and departments including marketing, content management revenue management, property management, and IT.
You will provide developer leadership with the individual product engineers who bring our products to market, acting as a servant leader to the members of the scrum team of 5-10 employees, contractors, freelancers and vendors as digital products and initiatives are proposed, designed, developed and launched. Must have the leadership and drive to direct and serve teams that ideate and deliver high-quality code and user experiences of digital products for our customers, by cultivating a culture of end-user focused product engineering, delivery and innovation powered by data and consumer insights.
- Responsible for development, programming, and coding of complex and business critical eCommerce front-end technology solutions using React within a single-page-application framework in a sprint
- Write resilient and high-quality code (and not just pull from libraries) in the development of eCommerce front-end booking systems and provide consultative guidance for the team of developers on sizing, scope and risk
- Conduct unit tests, peer code reviews and maintenance of internally and partner developed front-end eCommerce applications
- Responsible for defining the "definition of done" and documentation of the completed front-end application solutions
- Consume micro services and leverage extensive experience using tools and technologies for developing a scalable application
- Write technical user stories/tasks and detailed technical specifications for caesars.com systems. Identify integration points
- Review technical stories created by other developers within the Booking and Payments scrum
- Scope the time, resources, and needs required by the scrum team to complete front-end programming features
- Seek review from other Developers, Product Owners, IT Systems Analysts or Project Managers/Directors on estimates
- Participate with the delivery and product management leadership in the planning, grooming, and estimation of all features of the booking engine and its entry and exit points
- Lead a team of react and services developers responsible for the realization of the vision / concept of the eCommerce products and its set of capabilities by connecting technical touch points (architecture, services, etc.), with a customer-first focus
- Provide leadership to ensure that the product specifications/stories enable a desirable, feasible and viable product for the relevant end-user
- Attends daily scrums with team members to help drive engineering decisions, remove roadblocks, and communicate changes in strategic code development direction or priority shifts
- Provides frequent communication to the product management and engineering leadership on development progress, elevating any issues that could impact the budget, timeline, or strategic vision
While this role does not have direct budget oversight, the Sr. React Front-End Engineer has the responsibility to control development costs and build product capabilities that will exceed revenue targets which determine the financial success of the product.
- A lover of efficient code with a minimum of 6 years in a digital product engineering role, at least 2 years within a scrum team
- At least 3 years of proficiency in developing web applications with React, NodeJS and experience in consuming microservices
- Solid understanding and experience integrating web / microservices architecture
- Experience using GitHub, Jenkins, and or similar tools and technology
- Expert level experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (apm alerts, logs, error messages) and pursue leads to find root cause of defects
- Experience developing in an agile/scrum development environment using Jira and Confluence for feature tracking and documentation
- Experience with Adobe Experience Cloud, primarily AEM and Analytics a plus
- Demonstrable portfolio of products in market
- A positive outlook and willingness to act as a servant-leader within a high-performing scrum team
- Bachelor's degree required
- Relevant degree in computer science or MIS preferred
- Significant experience in leading team members/organizations in bringing high quality digital products to market
- Strong knowledge of the online travel industry, and travel/tourism in general is a plus
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Joyce T.VP, Finance & Assistant Treasurer
Joyce and her team of six collaborate with investors, treasurers, and Capital Marketing Teams to coordinate the financial interests of Caesars Entertainment and each of its subsidiary companies.
Back to top