Sr. Project Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Detailed analysis in planning
- Precise documentation and client agreement
- Building and coordinating the team strategy to fulfill the requirement
- Organization and tracking of the various team members and organizations while in project execution
- Proper, precise and timely communications with appropriate project stakeholders
- Precise management of changes to the requirement through the project life cycle through final detailed completion, validation and formal project closeout
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Establish and maintain strategic operational alignment with property clients and users of Harrah's IT services provided to a Harrah's casino and/or hotel during the entire life cycle of a facilities integration project.
- Define plan/approach for negotiations, with a focus on the desired end results. Coordinate with Legal and the Core IT and Business Teams. Negotiate tough, but fair agreements, resulting in win/win outcomes. Understand and apply HET contract workflow/process to ensure appropriate review and comment by all key stakeholders (IT & business). Ensure any scope changes result in appropriate contract SOW changes. Keep contract deliverables and SOW in synch.
- Ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities with and to the project team. Identify expectations, explore various facets of the problem or issue, coping with mixed motivation, and dealing with concerns about exposure or loss of control.
- Manage the SOW deliverables. Ensure billing is accurate and timely. Coordinate with the appropriate IT organization for service delivery and transition of vendor to IT relationship owner.
- Communicate and manage key constituents expectations throughout the project life cycle.
- Map business processes from beginning to end for all transactions related to providing customer service or business cycles. Mapping process should be thorough enough as to identify the system, policy, service, and employee requirements.
- Identify and research several alternatives to business problems and/or issues. Capability to develop decision criteria and methodology towards selection of appropriate solution(s).
- Develop appropriate level of detail for business case based upon alternatives for business solutions. Create Return on Investment based upon alternatives for business solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of the business (HET) and ability to provide business solutions to business issues where required. Ability to correlate business solutions to value add and cost efficiencies are key components.
- Lead teams to initial or redesign of a complete business tool inclusive of hardware, software, data definition, procedures and training across multiple properties, teams, department, business functions and technical platforms.
- Lead and assess architectural, procedural, and technical designs across multiple business, IT teams, platforms and vendors, to assess project success, risk and usability.
- Stay informed on the different gaming system products and business processes/procedures for deployment within Harrah's. Determine the best product to meet the needs of the business when one does not exists.
- In-depth knowledge of HET technologies and strategies.
- Provide on-site assistance for weeks at a time to ensure project milestones are being met and dependencies related to construction are aligned to I.T. needs. Provide direction to sub-contractors of D&C and vendors for activities that impact HET I.T. standards.
- Develop, manipulate, update, and mange project plans utilizing the appropriate tools. Create multiple project plan views (GANTT, PERT, etc.) and reports to provide status of project real time.
- Develop a critical path assessment for assigned projects and utilizes it to mange to successful project delivery.
- Can differentiate between issues and risks and develops appropriate action or mitigation plans. Apply appropriate tools and methodologies to track and report on project issues and risks. Has a system in place to identify issue and risks.
- Assign responsibilities; delegate and empowers other; remove obstacles; allow for and contribute needed resources; coordinate work efforts when necessary; monitor progress. Give direction clearly and concisely to coworkers, following up to ensure work is done in a timely, efficient manner. Prepare and deliver PAR information for mid-year and annual appraisals. Accurately assess strengths and development needs of employees; give timely, specific feedback and helpful coaching; provide challenging assignments and opportunities for development.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE 5-7 years related business experience.
Superior communications skills, both verbal and written. Direct experience managing multi-faceted I/T integration projects. Working knowledge of process engineering and technical requirements generation in the user environment. Experience with current concepts in project risk assessment, metrics generation and analysis and risk management. Requires knowledge of underlying platform(s); prior experience working with interdependent platforms; working knowledge of standards and impact of non-standard approaches. Technical knowledge of business processes and procedures and underlying technical workings of system to support it. Ability to maximize system to support business processes, recommend and influence business process change to maximize use of system.
EDUCATION Bachelor's degree in business management or a computer science-related field or equivalent experience.
Back to top