Sr. Manager and Technical Lead, Wintel Engineering
To meet the rapidly growing demand for Wintel-based technology solutions, the Wintel Engineering Department is seeking a Sr. Manager and Technical Lead to join the team. Wintel Engineering is responsible for over two thousand server instances, twenty thousand personal computing devices, and over a dozen infrastructure focus applications. This is a hands-on position requiring experience and expertise in management as well as architect level knowledge.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates will have at least five years technical Windows infrastructure and two years of management experience in a large-scale corporate environment with experience in server engineering. They will have a demonstrated, superior track record analyzing, designing, testing, implementing and managing windows-based technologies. They will have current knowledge and experience of recent releases of the Windows operating systems family and many of the following: VMware vSphere, Active Directory, IIS, MS SharePoint, MS Exchange, MS Office 365, Infoblox Core DDI, Symantec Management Platform (Altiris), and Symantec Endpoint Protection.
They will be dynamic self-starters with a thirst for new knowledge and the opportunity to apply it. The candidate will be readily able to adapt to change, able to communicate to diverse audiences, ready to gracefully lead, influence, and be influenced by their peers. This candidate will have experience managing a diverse team, applying knowledge and providing guidance to ensure that both project deliverables and operational goals are being met.
The ideal candidate will posses a Bachelor's degree in Computing Science or a related field, or will have equivalent work experience. Current Microsoft or VMware certifications will be advantageous.
For such individuals, Caesars Entertainment will offer an invigorating work experience with ample challenges and rewards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for attracting, hiring, retaining and motivating staff as well as managing resources to meet business objectives. Responsible for employee termination when necessary.
- Conduct project performance reviews as well as ongoing assessment of strengths/weaknesses. Provide or secure the training necessary to ensure optimum job performance
- Research, recommend and participate in the ongoing evaluation, testing and selection of Windows server operating systems including subcomponents, other Microsoft and third-party products.
- Develop alternative project strategies and logical excursions. Develop precise planning assumptions, facilitate task estimation activities and personnel requirements.
- Provide technical leadership to the company, maintaining knowledge of technology direction, applying that technology to create benefit for the company
- Participate in long-term strategic planning linking the overall architecture to Caesars Entertainment vision
- Enhance the relationship between Wintel Engineering and other IT groups by demonstrating superior management of commitments and customer service. Work with those groups closely to ensure the effective development, implementation and ongoing operability of cross-platform applications.
- Participate in meeting/discussion in architecture strategy and planning efforts for all new requirements with other team members and other teams.
- Consistently engage in research related to hardware, software and business solutions.
- Analyze technology alternatives against business requirements to select products best meeting Caesars Entertainment needs, considering all relevant factors.
- Manage, optimize and support Windows technologies.
- Establish and document all required Wintel-related standards and procedures required to maintain an effective corporate computing environment. Recommend changes as needed.
- Participate as assigned in the efforts to open new and acquired hotel and gaming properties.
- Partner with Cybersecurity to enhance security practices, standards and procedures to ensure that critical company assets, including data, are secured
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 7-10 years experience in a Windows server environment with a mix of both technical and managerial expertise
- Expert level skills managing enterprise Microsoft Windows environment.
- Experience with AD architecture in a large (more than 10,000 user) environment.
- Strong server virtualization experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Solid understanding of Windows security fundamentals
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced technology environment. Adaptable to changing business needs and priorities.
- Willing to complete tasks under strict time constraints.
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Experience in leading and managing on-site and remote team members.
- Knowledge of business processes and procedures and the underlying technology to support them.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
VP, Finance & Assistant Treasurer
Joyce and her team of six collaborate with investors, treasurers, and Capital Marketing Teams to coordinate the financial interests of Caesars Entertainment and each of its subsidiary companies.
Back to top