Sr. IT Auditor Generalist
Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, the Senior IT Auditor position is responsible for planning and executing information system audits to assess the adequacy of the information systems control environment. This person also recommends system and/or process improvements, as indicated.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Execute all phases of IT audit projects including risk assessment, planning, client coordination, field work, data analysis, reporting, follow-up of open issues, and other project communication.
- Perform special projects and special IT audit requests.
- Provides coaching and supervision over IT audit staff assigned to projects under his/her leadership.
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of information systems and general and application controls, identifying weaknesses and supporting management in enhancing internal controls.
- Assess compliance with regulatory requirements, IT/accounting/auditing standards, and company policies.
- Monitor status and compliance with Payment Card Industry standards.
- Identify and communicate recommendations to improve controls,
- Provide assistance to management and independent auditors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and with limited supervision. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be eligible for occupational licensing in various gaming jurisdictions.
- Knowledge of casino accounting/auditing/IT principles/standards, data security for payment card data and publicly-identifiable information, computer applications and platforms.
- Capable of evaluating security infrastructure, procedures, policies, networks and systems.
- Familiar with application security, including segregation of duties and least privileged access.
- Experienced performing assessments over operating systems, automated applications, databases, networks and other generally used information technology infrastructure and systems.
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Payment Card Industry, and COBIT requirements.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and thrive on ambiguity.
- Able to identify and address critical issues.
- Able to influence outcome to achieve win-win solutions.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work multiple projects concurrently to successful conclusion.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related discipline from accredited college or university required. Advanced degree (MBA, MS or Master's degree in computer science) a plus.
- 2+ years IT systems and /or security audit or 5+ years general IT experience; familiarity in the administration of UNIX, NT, AS400, Windows AD, Oracle, SQL, cloud applications and other common operating systems and applications preferred.
- PCI audit or PCI implementation experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Office Suite, computer assisted audit tools a preferred; proficiency with ACL a plus.
- Professional certification (CISA, CISSP, etc.) required.
Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and employees. Ability to communicate one-on-one and to groups to explain policies and procedures, and to persuade others to accept or adopt a specific opinion or action. Ability to effectively present information and/or a convincing argument to executives.
ANALYTICAL AND REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret system reports. Ability to accept ambiguous circumstances and take action where answers to a problem are not readily apparent. Ability to analyze information, problems, situations, practices or procedures to: define the problem or objective, identify relevant concerns or factors, identify patterns, tendencies and relationships, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and recognize alternatives and their implications.
Travel up to 20% may be required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment's employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Meet Some of Caesars Entertainment's Employees
Channel Marketing Analyst
Arielle creates easy-to-understand reports that encompass all of the company’s wants and needs so that they can be quickly incorporated into the organization’s roadmaps for implementation.
Back to top